Is there a way to communicate to people who are in a coma?

1. andrew savage profile image60
    andrew savageposted 5 years ago

Is there a way to communicate to people who are in a coma?

Is there a way to communicate to people who are in a coma, such as through a specialized electronic device like a type of neural electrode or wireless tricorder that interprets thought patterns occuring in their chemical reactions and brainwave readings?

2. pippap profile image86
    pippapposted 5 years ago

I believe that people in comas are able to hear what is going on around them.  They may not be able to make much sense of it; but, I believe they can hear.  I also believe they recognize a loving touch.  Many people have been brought out of comas by people talking to them, playing their favourite music, stroking their hands lovingly, etc.  Not everyone will be able to leave their coma; but, I believe talking to them and touching them will make it more bearable for them.

3. Beata Stasak profile image84
    Beata Stasakposted 5 years ago

Just like pippap said, the recent medical studies confirmed that many comative patients are fully aware what is happening around them althoug they can not convey their feelings and responses in the traditional way, the best way is to communicate with them as if they could respond to us, treat them as fully functionate human being, if they wil be lucky enough to regain their full capabilities again (the brain is very plastic so it is possible) they will be very grateful to you for it:)

working