Talking to unconceived child?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (50 posts)
  1. tiginban profile image60
    tiginbanposted 14 years ago

OK, I know this might sound a bit weird but I've started visualising/imagining/talking-to the child I hope to conceive in the coming months (cos I believe they're floating around in Spirit-land before they're born).
    Has anyone heard of someone doing this and/or know of any nice affirmations I can include.
    Many thanks

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you serious?

A bit strange? lol

What makes you think that you are about conceive a child? Are you trying, as in, injections or are you just simply hoping that you will conceive a child by your desire for one?

I'd check with you later about this, but since I don't have information, it would be difficult to even conceptualize the mythic/mystic nature of what you hope for.

I'm of the understanding that you've formed a belief that there are spirits or souls flying around you, therefore you can talk to them.

This is a mystical phenom that people experience is simply your sub-concious, trying to tell you something of value and not something mystical as you appear to believe.

Your religious beliefs have clouded your appearance of choices that you have, but don't realize. I'm not open for interpretation of your belief, because your beliefs have nothing to with the nature of your existence.

I suggest you go for a walk, see something very appealling your senses and re-evaulate your life.

This is just a simple suggestion.

2. profile image49
      SassySouthernposted 14 years agoin reply to this
    3. Pearldiver profile image66
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes You Are Right! You Sound Extremely Wierd yikes

However; This disorder was documented in 1937 as being: "PreConceptional Howling Syndrome." smile

And Yes You Are Right about affimations: They are the first step to healing the disorder. smile

Researchers found that the Most Positive Affirmation to be used by afflicted parties has tended to be one that goes something like this:

"Why oh Why Do I Waste My Life and Sanity to Contemplate My Navel So? Why oh Why Don't I just merely get pregnant? OWWWWWwwwwwllllllll." lol

2. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 14 years ago

What a strange topic for a thread.

Not sure about the whole 'floating about before they're conceived'. I think you might find that the unconceived are doing laps in the gonads.

Just don't be talking to them in public places mmkay.

1. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not sure whether you wrote this for laughs but I absolutley howled when I read it. Utter class.

As for talking to an unconceived child ... it's not a child when it's not conceived. It's not really anything.

Now a baby in your womb is different and there are many claims regarding the benefits of doing so.

I guess when you think about our Prince Charles chatting away to his plants, chattering away to sperm and/or unfertilized eggs is fairly normal smile

@PD - I'm trying not to laugh at your comment too. I'm still smiling at Darksides ...

3. profile image0
    Pacal Votanposted 14 years ago

Don't get discouraged by the voice of common sense above though. I can confirm your suspicion that we are around well before we are conceived. I had been around my mom and she tricked me into believing she would be a great mom. wink

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah but........

1. profile image0
        Pacal Votanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

4. Don W profile image83
    Don Wposted 14 years ago

I wrote a poem to my (then) girlfriend which could be used in the same context. It's called then, now, always:

I loved you
    As we meandered through time
    Before we were born.

I love you
    As we wander through life
    Learning to be.

I will love you
    When we dance with the stars
    Forever free.

5. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

I have heard talking to a unborn child is one of the most loving things you can do. They actually hear sounds very well.

Yes, talking to a unborn child that is ALREADY conceived and growing, does have some effect on the child.

My nieces are perfect proof of this. My sister has two children, five years apart. Her first child, she constantly read books and absorbed as much as you about parenting, child welfare and many other things. Her second child, she did not bother doing anything.

The first child has graduated high school, runner up to Validictorian, and been given scholarships to colleges.

The second child is still in school, but struggled in her early years of school, but picked up much more and more quickly, as she learned year from year. But, she's not even close to her sister.

This puts them on an unlevel ground.

2. profile image0
      Pacal Votanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile Happy to see you! big_smile

3. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it is and it's very bonding, but this poster is talking about talking to an 'unconceived child' ...  btw, 'unconceived' is not in a reputable dictionary. hmm

4. arthriticknee profile image66
      arthritickneeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

At least an unborn child has been conceived. You have something to aim at when you start a talking.

Where do you aim your conversation to the unconceived? Out the window? Up a tree? Surely not at your belly when the wee one hasn't arrived.
      May be you could aim the first half of the sentence at your ovaries and finish the sentence directed at the expected sperm providers testes.  Would get tedious though, wouldn't it.

Hmmmmm....

Never before has one question resulted in so many more.

6. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Cags, I am convinced that you are not human. lol

Thank you. While I dwell here on Earth spending my time among those who are mortal, I've found enjoyment.

Just kidding ---> lol lol

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmm, not too sure about that......

That's okay. You can believe what you like.

I'm not here to change who you are, just to help you think differently.

lol lol

Knowledge is Power. Understanding is Limitless.

Therefore - Knowledge and Understanding turns to be Limitless Power.

1. profile image0

Nah, you think too differently than I. I'll stick to my world-view, thanks. smile

And believe it or not, that's specifically is why I do what I do.

Yes, you are not willing to listen to reason, but the simple fact that you are willing to accept my train of thought is different than yours, acknowledges that my work is in fact sticking into people's mind.

So, I leave you with that to ponder.

1. profile image0

Ah, not my idea of reason. My reason works well enough for me. Your reason works for you. See how that works? wink

2. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think that he is saying that it is irrational to hope for anything. To want something before ya get it is stupid in his opinion.
         Grandpa told me that ya gotta want something before ya can get it except for stuff like VD, and flat tires

That is it..Light bulb moment... Cagsil has got a flat balloon and he wants to let tha air outa everybody elses.

1. profile image0

My Gawd. He's a Poopy-parter, then? wink

7. Don W profile image83
    Don Wposted 14 years ago

Nothing wrong with being 'a bit weird'. When you start fitting in is when you should start to worry.

8. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Well I'm not trying to start an arguement but, I know we are around because we accept the "First Estate" to have an oppertunity to come here in the first place. Soft sweet sounds of a mothers voice can only be good for such small ears.

1. profile image0

No argument from me.

9. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

I'll bet some people would like theit thread back.

We should be nice and let um have it back.

I'll start another thread called the Cagsil show.
      We can go over there ya think ??

1. profile image0

Let's go! wink

Hmmm....?

1. profile image0

Hey there.

2. Cagsil profile image70

Brilliant. You go, it will be much quieter here.

10. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

What's up?

11. profile image0

Not much. You?

12. Cagsil profile image70

Not much...just trying to help and getting to know a few people.

13. profile image0

And ticking off a few, too I see. wink

14. Cagsil profile image70

Hey, what can I say?

I don't like when people butt into a conversation, when there isn't a need. There wasn't anything I did that was up for debate, until he questioned my actions.

Not my problem.

15. profile image0

You have a strong position some find bothersome. Not to say it isn't correct, just different than most. Eh, it's all good. big_smile

16. Cagsil profile image70

Thank you.

I find it interesting that people don't realize their place anymore.

Everything is out in the open, nothing is private anymore. It's pathetic.

There is NO shame. People really don't care what their actions, do to others. It's sad.

And, when I'm in public, including the forums, I'm going to emphasize basic civility. It's rude to question someone else's actions, when you were not invited to the conversation.

There was absolute no logical or rational reason for him to question what or why I did something. And, you know- I bet you, he doesn't realize he did anything wrong.

That is even sadder.

17. profile image0

If people put as much energy into their own lives as they do in others, the results would be astounding! big_smile

Straight up TRUTH in that statement there.

18. profile image0

I do enjoy observing others, too, ya know lol

I found it to be very enlightening. The more you take in from all the people you come into contact with, can give so much knowledge. You just have to know what you're learning? For some, this can be a challenge, but I've been a people watcher all my life.

1. profile image0

I tend to take those views that are 180 degrees from my own and examine the Hell out them. The rest, eh, I set aside for later.

See, I take it all in examining as it happens. I am forever looking around, noticing where people are, who is moving in what direction, who each person's course is going to interact with those who are around them. It like, at times, things come into focus, at a slower pace, which allows me to either prevent something from happening or to get out of the way myself.

The clarity have is so much fun. I'm sorry. I disgress. And, the funnier part, were not on topic. lol

I'm outta here. This has run it's course. lol

See you somewhere else, I can presume?

19. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

hey, maybe you two should find a chat or IM? hmm

you've kind of taken someone's thread off topic...

20. profile image0

Quite right. Sorry for any inconvenience. Thanks rebekah. smile

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

maybe start a thread in hubbers hangout? smile

at least you two are civil. good night all~

21. profile image49
    SassySouthernposted 14 years ago

I am sure that you are on to something. My niece at the age of 3 years old told me that while she was waiting to be born that  saw moms and dads lined up in a straight line. That she was able to pick out her parents.
    Many years later my grandson told me he picked out his mom because "she needed me".He also told me that babies talk to their moms before they are born but most don't listen. Also, that babies can talk to other babies while in the mom's belly.He was right his mom did need him.
    So I would say go ahead and talk to your child. Later while that child is very young ask what it remembers before being born. You might be in for a surprise.

22. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I believe that with each new baby comes a brand new soul that will grow along with the child.  As someone who sees the absolute uniqueness and specialness of each child I just can't make myself believe their beautiful, new, little souls have been recycled.   smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)