jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

How you do the google search for your hubs ....?

1. chicagoguy profile image75
    chicagoguyposted 5 years ago

How you do the google search for your hubs ....?

how you do the google search for your hubs ....? not sure that's why kind of curious .

2. JimTxMiller profile image79
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

Good question, and I'm sure there is a great hub in it to be written by someone else!
    Generally speaking, my hubs are nonfiction and come from topics I enjoy (nature, writing, being a geezer), topics about which I am concerned (climate change, social injustice, education) or something that may catch my eye or ear in the media that I want to know more about. This morning I was awakened by a question in my head: How are we caring for our children? Writing an introductory summary to that question (too broad to address in a single hub) became my 11th hub which should clear review and publish tomorrow.
    Research begins by condensing each point I want to make down to a single statement or question. For example, "What do teenagers dislike most about high school?" That's the question I plugged into Google. The simpler, the better, of course. It boils down to "What do I want to write", reducing the topic as narrowly as possible and taking a few key words to Google.
    Works for me. Your results will differ. Good luck and keep writing!

3. Teresa Schultz profile image78
    Teresa Schultzposted 5 years ago

Until I saw the reply from Jim TxMiller, I thought your question was about how does one search for your hubs in Google search results, and that's still the way I'm going to view the question.

To find your hubs in Google search results, you would take the title of your hub, or a short phrase from your hub and type that or copy paste it into the Google search bar, and then click the blue search button.

You would then scroll down through the ten search results on that page, and see if a title, description, and link to your hub is there. If not, you'd go to page 2, and so on and so on.

The reason why I say you'd type the title of your hub or a phrase from your hub into the Google search bar is because that's how natural search results work. If people use Google to search for information about something, Google tries to match up the words in their search phrase with words that are on a website page - this is why it is important to use words in your hubs that people do at least sometimes use when they look for information on the Internet. (If ypu are trying to get your hub found by people in search results when they use the Internet to look for information about something.

To know if people use the words or phrases in your hubs, use the free Google Adwords Keyword Tool to check. You type a phrase into the Google Adwords Keyword Tool, and then in the list of results you can see how many searches were done, on average, per month, over the past 12 months (search volume.)

If you scroll past many pages of search results before you find a title, description and link to your hub, it means many other website pages with the same or similar phrase in them are beating you in the search results postions.

Also, having a Google page one result for any particular search phrase doesn't necessarily mean your hub will get traffic - it will get traffic only if the search phrase you have used has search volume (if other people other than you use that phrase to look for information on the Internet.)

1. JimTxMiller profile image79
      JimTxMillerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You know, Teresa, somehow I never read the question that way! Good answer.

2. Teresa Schultz profile image78
      Teresa Schultzposted 5 years agoin reply to this

@ Jim - Thanks, and I didn't see it your way - your way may be exactly what chicagoguy wanted - but because I already had something in mind when I first saw the question, I stick with it. Your research tips answer was good too!

4. alancaster149 profile image86
    alancaster149posted 5 years ago

If and when you have created enough Hub pages you may be offered a Hub Sub-domain with its own address (as I was) and when you have built up your 'portfolio' you will see a list of your Hub pages. You will be give an address for your Hub pages, which you can use to access your Hub pages and you can give your friends the address to look up your pages. You can also build up your links with other sites (as I did with my 'Northworld' site).
    Beside the Hub pages listed will be the ratings per page and you will see either upside down blue triangles or red ones pointing upward as your Hub pages gather more visitors per week. You also get double red triangles for your best 'crowd-pullers'. There are also warnings for broken links etc.
    Get beavering, visit the grammar sites and polish up your English (as the apple adverts on 'the box' used to tell us). Good luck!

1. chicagoguy profile image75
      chicagoguyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks a lot !

working