jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

How has social media changed your life? Pros and cons?

1. moniquemallo profile image60
    moniquemalloposted 4 years ago

How has social media changed your life? Pros and cons?

I remember turning to social media during the darkest time of my life. My dad was diagnosed with end-stage cancer. When he passed abruptly after that, I wrote about my pain and tried to reach out to people who lost their loved ones too via online forums. So no matter how much I say that I hate it sometimes, I guess it did change my life too because it made me feel less alone during my depressive stages of grieving.

Share yours!

2. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 4 years ago

It hasn't......................................................

3. easyarticle profile image60
    easyarticleposted 4 years ago

social media helps me to increase the website traffic, business sales and leads. Today, every one promote their business in social media sites & generate leads & sales form their.

4. moniquemallo profile image60
    moniquemalloposted 4 years ago

I agree! It has brought about social media marketing as well and is changing the landscape of mass media consumption of people. The creation of jobs, generation of income, cost effective advertising... list is endless.

5. Thief12 profile image90
    Thief12posted 4 years ago

The biggest change is that I met my wife through an online forum, so there's that. We've been married for almost 7 years now. Other than that, I spend a lot of time on film forums, wikis, and whatnot. It pretty much consumes my online time. As for conventional social networking (Facebook, etc.) I don't use it much.

1. moniquemallo profile image60
      moniquemalloposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Ah, finally someone who gets social networking. These days when you say "social media" people think of just Facebook or Twitter right away.

That's a very nice story about you and your wife meeting.! Thank you for your insights! big_smile

6. IslandBites profile image88
    IslandBitesposted 4 years ago

I've met a lot of people from different part of the world, some of them are still really good friends of mine. But the biggest change is that my husband and I met and fall in love online.

7. Biplabwrites profile image60
    Biplabwritesposted 12 months ago

Yes, Social media has greatly changed our life.It has brought a revolution in our socio-economic-cultural structure.

By the help of social media, we have become a global citizen and part of a global society where an Indian can easily interact with a Chinese or a British or an American irrespective of the geographical border.

As social media is a great platform for promoting business, so it has revolutionized the global economy.

Now we can easily co-mingle with others with the help of social media. In social media, our relationship can cross the border and our own culture can be enriched by easily accepting  the culture of other.

- Biplab Bhattacharjee
    http://biplabbhattacharjee.in

working