jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)

Do you prefer a tablet, laptop, or desktop?

1. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 4 years ago

Do you prefer a tablet, laptop, or desktop?

Which works best for you and why?

2. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

I love my Kindle for on the go. But the laptop has a USB and that is very important for my two flash drives that I have nightmares about getting soaked in water. Everything important is on there because computers have failed me a few times. If a Kindle had a USB port, it would be perfect. Desktop is my least favorite but it's handy to have only to keep valuable information. Always have a desktop and Kindle.

Express10posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Your idea about the Kindle having a USB is a good one. I don't like desktops either as I typically walk on a treadmill or stand at a counter or counter height desk when working and need portability to do so.

3. TNT Husky profile image70
    TNT Huskyposted 4 years ago

It really depends on one's lifestyle. I'd honestly prefer both a desktop and a laptop. It's not really for any particular reason, but I'd like to sit at my desk with a few extra monitors hooked up so I can multitask. On the other hand, however, I'd like a laptop for the portability. The only reason I wouldn't want a tablet is because they emphasize convenience over processing power.

Express10posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I guess it does depend on your lifestyle. I also like laptops but you brought up a good point about having extra monitors. If you really want to, hooking up a couple extra monitors to a laptop is possible but can be a hassle.

2. TNT Husky profile image70
      TNT Huskyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

it is, but Laptops are just that balance between functionality and portability, that "happy middle" between a tablet and a desktop. I'd love to get me another one after my old laptop broke.

4. liesl5858 profile image86
    liesl5858posted 4 years ago

I personally prefer a laptop and this is what I am using now. It is movable and I can take it anywhere I like. I wouldn't mind a little tablet for portability as well. But I just love my laptop.

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

For me it is a combination. I prefer my desktop MAC for writing or playing games. I use one of my iPads for watching movies, audiobooks, entertaining my grandchildren etc.  I have the regular iPad and I got a mini iPad for Christmas which works out perfectly having two grandchildren!

6. Alecia Murphy profile image79
    Alecia Murphyposted 4 years ago

Laptop is what I've known for the last 7 years. I do use a desktop at work but moving that mouse around is just plain frustrating sometimes. Having seen some tablets that people have, I might could do it but I like being able to have a keyboard readily available for writing emails, articles, and commenting online.

7. Dreamhowl profile image97
    Dreamhowlposted 4 years ago

I use my desktop the most - I write up my hubs on it, play games, watch videos and everything else. I have an old netbook I like to use when I'm away from home - that way I can get some work done while I'm waiting around. My iPod mostly gets used for browsing social media and music.

8. pimpmyberry profile image58
    pimpmyberryposted 4 years ago

Normally  I have to work with great speed and for this I really need heavy machine, so I like laptop and desktop.

9. fitmag profile image70
    fitmagposted 4 years ago

For me, the tablet is perfect for a movie night, the laptop is my best friend when I create my hubs and the desktop is for intense work. I think that they all are OK, but the laptop is more flexible

10. Dee aka Nonna profile image79
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 4 years ago

I have both a desktop and laptop that I do most everything on.  I love them both for different reasons.  I got a tablet a few months ago and still getting use to using it.  It is very portable and allows for doing things almost anywhere.

11. aparkhurst7 profile image76
    aparkhurst7posted 4 years ago

Laptop. They do everything. I like to play computer games.