jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Have you ever tweeted someone using the online social network Twitter?

1. TheHoleStory profile image79
    TheHoleStoryposted 3 years ago

Have you ever tweeted someone using the online social network Twitter?

There are over a billion Twitter accounts out there in the world today. However it's been reported that about 44% of all of those Twitter accounts have never ever been used to tweet anyone.

2. profile image0
    dragonflycolorposted 3 years ago

I am one of those 44% offenders.  I tried Twitter a very long time ago and I just didn't get it.  I still don't.  I think it's the weirdest social media platform invented yet.  But that could be because I'm a twit when it comes to Twitter.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

I joined Twitter about a year ago to take part in a contest for the SyFy channel - they were asking fans to Tweet them title suggestions for the upcoming "Sharknado" sequel, so I dutifully sent some in. Sadly, none of my suggestions ("Sharknado 2: The Revenge of Tara Reid," "A Good Day to Shark Hard," "The Shark Who Shagged Me," etc.) were chosen. (*SIGH*)

That was it for me and Twitter. I haven't used it since.

1. profile image0
      dragonflycolorposted 3 years agoin reply to this

lololololol...I like Shark Hard.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image97
      FatFreddysCatposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I must've sent them about two dozen of them along those lines. Some others were "Shark Hard with a Vengeance," "Sharknado 2: Because @#$% You, That's Why!" and "Sharknado 2: The Shark Knight."

4. ruthwalker profile image83
    ruthwalkerposted 3 years ago

yup, had a twitter account couple years ago, did tweet with a few people for a while, remember tweeting a guy once whose book I had bought which came with a CD and I'd accidentally sat on the CD and broke it and I think I tweeted him asking if I could get another one but he never replied lol  Ended up getting bored with it and closed my account, did open another one a few months ago just to follow organisations and that which I'm interested in but I hardly ever go on it.

5. hellovictoria profile image91
    hellovictoriaposted 3 years ago

I sure have! 4,342 tweets and counting from the past four or five years. I still tweet regularly, follow about 150 of my friends, favorite businesses, celebrities, and news stations, and have about a 110 followers of the same. I think twitter is a social phenomenon that has really taken hold of the generation of people born in the 90's , as we were all in High school or starting college when it became a thing. I remember being very socially influenced to join it my freshman year of college because I was missing out on a lot of information - whether it be campus events or inside jokes between my friends I would have understood if I had an account. It really helps if your friends and organizations are a part of it, as I think this determines your level of activity on the site. I believe this is why it has been so successful - college and high school communities have really taken hold of it as a communication platform because it's what their students are using, and it's the quickest way to reach people with breaking information.

6. DaveOnline profile image86
    DaveOnlineposted 3 years ago

Yes, I mostly tweet new writings, but receive few tweets from my followers. Don't use Twitter much, like Facebook more.

7. Bubblegum Jones profile image59
    Bubblegum Jonesposted 3 years ago

Yes, and I'd like to know how a #Hashtag fits into all of this in today's world.