jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is there a good word processor on web on a safe site? Is it a good alternate fo

1. brakel2 profile image81
    brakel2posted 3 years ago

Is there a good word processor on web on a safe site?  Is it a good alternate for MS Word?

2. mgeorge1050 profile image80
    mgeorge1050posted 3 years ago

I use LibreOffice.  In an effort to save money, I downloaded this free software instead of purchasing MS office.  It has a great word processor, spreadsheet creator, and much more.  It seems to be a very good, free alternative to MS office programs. I downloaded it from their website and I have had no problems as a result. The file format it uses takes a little getting used to, but files can be converted into PDF format pretty easy.  As long as LibreOffice is available for free, I will never purchase another MS office product.  I hope this helps.

3. Lisa HW profile image74
    Lisa HWposted 3 years ago

For awhile I had Open Office (free) on one of my computers that didn't yet have the MS Office Suite.  It seemed fine.  The only reason I got rid of it was I didn't (later) want both, and Open Office takes up a "ton" of space.

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I have OpenOffice, but I use it mainly for formatting my books. It took me a little while to learn how everything worked (but I'm slow at learning new software of any kind), but once I did, I like it more than Word. If you want to download it, be sure to go to the official website at openoffice.org . Even though they do ask for a donation, you can download it completely free. Another great thing about it is, unlike many other free programs, you'll receive all of the updates (which are also free) as long as you set it up that way.