jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What sort of word processor do you use when typing your hubs?

1. jesimpki profile image96
    jesimpkiposted 6 years ago

What sort of word processor do you use when typing your hubs?

That is, if you don't type them directly into the capsules in your browser.

2. rebekahELLE profile image88
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I used to use Notepad, but have switched over to an IMac (which I love) and use Pages.

3. georgethegent profile image60
    georgethegentposted 6 years ago

I use Wordpad if things are simple, if there is anything fancy in the typing then I use Word 2010 because then I can superscript etc. I also use OpenOffice, depending on what I need that day. And I never ever type directly in.

4. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

I use the OpenOffice suite that has a document writer that is compatible with MS Word - but much nicer in my opinion.

5. Daisy Mariposa profile image87
    Daisy Mariposaposted 6 years ago

I use Word 2010 when I write my Hubs. I find it's much easier to do that than typing directly into the text capsules,

I don't paste my entire article into one text capsule. Depending upon the length of the paragraphs, I paste between one and three paragraphs into each text capsule. By doing that, I can add images that pertain to the text to the right of the paragraph in which the information appears.

6. jesimpki profile image96
    jesimpkiposted 6 years ago

Personally, I use OpenOffice.org.  I tried Notepad++ but just didn't like it at all.

7. UnnamedHarald profile image97
    UnnamedHaraldposted 6 years ago

I use the free, open source LibreOffice suite for my word processing, spreadsheet, etc needs. It used to be OpenOffice before Oracle got its mitts on it, but the open source community took the last "freely" available version of OpenOffice and forked it to keep it open source. They had to change the name though. My understanding is that, since Oracle couldn't make a buck off it and wasn't willing to support it, they donated it to the Apache Software Foundation in 2011, so OpenOffice may be open source again. I'm going to check that out. In any case, OpenOffice and LibreOffice documents are completely compatible.

I like creating all my hub content offline and then copy it into my hubs. Each hub article has its own directory and I keep all images and caption info together with the actual text, so I maintain a history of my hubs online. One nice thing about copy pasting is that any formatting or links survive the pasting.

8. CWanamaker profile image97
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

I still use Word 2000 because I haven't felt the need to upgrade yet. The program works just fine for my needs.

9. brakel2 profile image82
    brakel2posted 6 years ago

I use Word 2003 which works well. I never type directly into hub. That way I have my word count, grammar, and spelling ok when I copy and paste. I still recheck spelling at site and realize Word is not perfect. I like the suggestion about putting photos between paragraphs. The Student edition of 2110 is out and cheap, but I don't know if I am ready to learn new version.

10. Cliff Mendrez profile image89
    Cliff Mendrezposted 6 years ago

I always use Word 2010. I never type directly in the text capsules. It's easier for me to keep track of my word count, grammar, spelling, keyword appearance, etc. using Word.

11. hildred profile image79
    hildredposted 6 years ago

I actually type directly into hubpage capsules, since I format as I go. However, I still run a spellcheck to help me weed out the typos my eye can't see right away.

I keep a backup of all my hubs, including scrapped and deleted ones in Scrivener. If I write off hubpages for something to be included here later, I also write it in Scrivener.

working