Is there any way to remove a whatsapp contact without actual removing from mobil

1. dinesh-varyani profile image68
    dinesh-varyaniposted 4 years ago

Is there any way to remove a whatsapp contact without actual removing from mobile contacts list ?.

I have many contacts using whatsapp, I want to see only people on whatsapp contact list which I prefer. I want to remove people from whatsapp contact list to which I dont want to chat. But, it is possible only when I permanently delete their contact from my mobile. Is there any solution ?. As I dont like status of many people whom I dont like at all.

2. markmorgangenius profile image90
    markmorgangeniusposted 3 years ago

Unfortunately there is no way to delete the contacts from whatsapp without deleting them from your phone's contact list because whatsapp pulls out contacts from your phone contacts.
    The actual problem is that you do not want to see some of the contacts in the whatsapp list. The solution for that is you should delete the chat history with the unwanted contacts. This way only the wanted contacts will show up when you open your whatsapp application.

For more information you can see this FAQ(But the contact needs to be deleted):
    http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/android/23179277

working