jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Why Did Google Stop Including Author Pictures In Search Results?

1. Rock_nj profile image92
    Rock_njposted 3 years ago

Why Did Google Stop Including Author Pictures In Search Results?

Did you know that Google no longer includes an Author's picture besides an article listed in its search results?   Does anyone know why?

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

Yes, they did away with that fairly recently.  I don't know all the reasons why, as there is a lot of speculation.  One of the most likely reasons is that they instituted it in the hopes of drawing a lot more people into Google+ as an incentive when they were trying to push that.  Other sites say simply it wasn't working as they had envisioned and only the really tech savvy and larger organizations were using it etc.  Who knows? I do know I liked that feature and found it to be potentially helpful.  As with all things Google they change so much it's impossible to keep up.  I focus more on social media now and less on the big G. I've had enough lol.

Rock_njposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.  I read that it may be because Google thought it cluttered the search results.  I thought it was quite nice.  I agree that trying to keep up with the big G is turning into a waste of time.  There are better things to focus on.

3. Chinaimport profile image88
    Chinaimportposted 3 years ago

Most of the people are now using a mobile device to search.  A picture takes lots of space so Google has decided to do away with the display of profile picture sometime in June.  The official word is - they want to offer "better mobile experience and a more consistent design across devices"

You can see John Mueller (of Google) post https://plus.google.com/113006028898915 … DkPdPtjL6j

Rock_njposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That makes a lot of sense.  Thanks!

working