Are Facebook likes worth it?

1. daisynicolas profile image80
    daisynicolasposted 3 years ago

Are Facebook likes worth it?

Does Facebook suppress the number of likes?  I don't get that much likes, but I noticed that I received a like and my total number of likes in my page did not change for two days. I had paid to get my page liked but garnered poor numbers.

2. Arco Hess Designs profile image71
    Arco Hess Designsposted 3 years ago

It doesn't suppress the total numbers, it's just that their databases are not synchronized at all times. So a like on one database will not show up on the other database until they synchronize.

Likes are worth it, fwiw. If someone likes your page, other people see it in their timeline. So instead of one person seeing your page, that one person AND all of the friends visiting their page also see it.

3. dashingscorpio profile image89
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

The theory is when people "like" your page all of their friends will see their activity and possibly check out your page or even possibly purchase your products/services. Essentially it's suppose to be "word of mouth".
    However if I'm being honest I rarely if ever click on a page simply because one of my "Facebook friends" (liked) it and I never accept invitations to play games either. My hunch is there are a lot of folks like me out there.
    A lot of larger businesses offer "incentives" to get people to (like) their page. They may offer discount coupons or a chance to win some type of prize by a certain date. I'm still not sure how many "likes" convert to sales. As I said I've never become a customer due to someone liking a page on Facebook.

working