jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Can anyone tell me how to quit Facebook addiction?

1. Edwin Thomas profile image77
    Edwin Thomasposted 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me how to quit Facebook addiction?

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

Put leechblock add-on on your browser (it's free) and block the site.  Otherwise will power - find something else to do.  Facebook is a habit - not an addiction.  Bad habits are easier to break by replacing them with good habits or redirecting the behavior that is becoming problematic into something constructive.

3. csmiravite-blogs profile image64
    csmiravite-blogsposted 3 years ago

I really wouldn't know as I use FB to post my links to get feedback from friends. It's a social site where we get to know what's happening around the world --- or where our friends are. Probably, you can do schedules like 1 hour, 3 times a week, and then stick to it. I browse everyday, as I used it for stock trades and read news about the market, among others.

4. lollyj lm profile image60
    lollyj lmposted 3 years ago

I find Facebook too aggravating to get addicted to it.  I joined FB to keep up with friends and relatives around the country, but mostly I get political posts, jokes, and other stuff to wade through.  I block all the game invitations and check it twice a day for meaningful posts.  Good luck!!

5. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

Blocks are helpful, but I think one has to start small. The problem with facebook is that your connections get too bloated to dump all at once. I wrote an article a while back about a blackout week challenge, that might be helpful to you (I'll post it below). Basically it starts with a week of no-facebook, and shows you how wonderful it can really be.

http://mtdremer.hubpages.com/hub/The-Bl … -Addiction

1. Edwin Thomas profile image77
      Edwin Thomasposted 3 years agoin reply to this

thanks for the info...very useful

working