Should website users that have their information displayed by hackers, be able t

1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 2 years ago

Should website users that have their information displayed by hackers, be able to file a law suit?

The recent Ashley Madison leak of customers information by hackers should make people  think twice about using such sites. Users usually have to agree to the TOS of a site before using it no matter the purpose.
    A Canadian man filed a mult million dollar lawsuit due to the Ashley hackers leakage. Should anyone be able to sue due to websites not having enough security?

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

I should think so, it is a form of negligence and the distasteful nature of the site shouldn't take away from the fact that businesses are required to keep their client information safe.  I think the hackers if caught also need to face penalties (and I'm sure they will).   That being said, I am astounded by the level of stupidity so many displayed.  Many, and I mean many, people signed up using work addresses, govt. addresses.... What on earth are people thinking?  Regardless, if a site was negligent in providing security, they need to be held accountable somehow - even if it means their site is shut down, they are fined, whatever... Money is the only language that businesses seem to understand.  Hit them where it hurts.  Karma all the way around this big ugly circle I say.  May philanderers be caught and crappy businesses go under.

1. Stacie L profile image89
      Stacie Lposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It's getting to the point that every site will probably be hacked so be careful where one posts any personal information.
      That being said, many feel too complacent in trusting websites to guard their private escapades.

working