jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Help, you guys! My computer tablet has disappeared!

1. Say Yes To Life profile image81
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 2 years ago

Help, you guys!  My computer tablet has disappeared!

I foolishly left it out, and when I went back to get it, it was gone.  I went to my account and turned it off, so it now has no internet access, but can they still access my information through WiFi?  Also, how easy is a tablet to replace?  Fortunately I had no sensitive information on there!

2. ketage profile image81
    ketageposted 2 years ago

Replacing the tablet only costs money, pretty easy if you got the cash handy.

As for safety, I would recommend that you change your passwords for all your online accounts.

Say Yes To Lifeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! Doing that right now!

3. Austinstar profile image87
    Austinstarposted 2 years ago

What kind of tablet was it? If it was AT&T, you should have an online account that needs to be changed. Amazon tablets are backed up at Amazon and their cloud services. I don't know about Apple tablets, but there should be some sort of account that can be shut down.
    My Kindle Fire tablet has a tracking feature than can be use to hunt down the tablet via GPS. I should think other tablets have that feature also somewhere.
    Report the missing tablet to the authorities and maybe check with local pawn shops to see if it shows up.
    Good luck!

Say Yes To Lifeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

My account is with AT&T. They reported it as stolen, and closed that account. They were able to give me an upgrade for an additional $10 a month for 2 years. I had just gotten that tablet 7 months ago; that's why I have to pay extra. Thanks!

4. Say Yes To Life profile image81
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 2 years ago

Thanks, you guys, for your answers.  I got an upgrade replacement.  It's costing me an additional $10 a month for 2 years.  Insurance would have cost me $7 a month forever, so I got a pretty good deal, especially since this is the first time I've ever had to replace a device.
    I will be much more careful with this one! I have applied a password screen lock on it.  My understanding is, the thief can use my old one on Wi-Fi, but can't access my email or the web.
    Thanks again!

working