Windows 7 and Driver issues

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

Ok, now I finally got a computer that works, with problems still (another issue)...But, I installed the Full version on Windows 7 Home Premium and it seems to be finally working as it should.
    A few issues I have found with Win 7 is "Drivers!"
    Neither of my printers will work with Win 7 and I am having a hard time finding downloads for these problems.
    Does anyone know where to find these? I have a Lexmark All-In-One and a Cannon Bubble Jet (portable) printer. They both worked fine with Vista, but will not with Win 7.

u are typing way up here!!!!!!!!!!!  (left mistake here on purpose...this is my issue with Win 7!)

One very annoying issue I have found with Win 7 is the "wildly jumping all over the computer screen cursor! You are typing along and all of a sudden..."Where is the cursor???"...Look up a paragraph or two and you find...yo

I haven't had this problem since Win XP. XP was bad about this problem. Anyone know of a fix for this. You call tech support and they have no clue. lol
    So...I am asking the experts on HP. You guys seem to know more about computers and the issues than Microsoft, Dell and all the others combined.

2. yoshi97 profile image57
    yoshi97posted 13 years ago

As for the drivers issue .. typically, Windows Vista drivers will work in Windows 7. If there are Vista drivers for these devices, then they should work. smile

Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The drivers for the Canon printer (ME) were before Vista, but they worked with Vista OP. The Lexmark was Vista ready, but for some reason I can't get Win 7 to recognize them.

3. yoshi97 profile image57
    yoshi97posted 13 years ago

Ah ... this is always the issue with upgrading to a new OS ... driver support being yanked by the manufacturers, so they can sell you new stuff. It's highway robbery I tell ya! smile

LOL, I believe you are correct in this matter!  I am still searching the internet, hoping to find an easy way out though.

4. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 13 years ago

Microsoft has introduced an online based system of driver loading in win7, and that really makes problem sometimes.
    Win7 loads first its generic, self-created drivers and when we connect to internet then gets the drivers by latest updates.
    Microsoft has improved many features related to drivers but still mostly patches are missing.
    If you are running OS in 64bit then you'll get more problem and complication rather than 32bit OS. Well, you can try by forcefully installing vista drivers by changing compatibility from the properties option to Run in Vista environment. Maybe that gonna work. but its not surety that your all problems will be fixed.
    Its better to contact to Microsoft Customer Support, they may better deal with you regarding this problem. After all they have to  make their product error-less.
    Thanks

5. profile image0
    askpowersposted 13 years ago

Windows 7 is best OS by Microsoft, but its really a big problem when we couldn't find the respective driver of the hardware.
    some vendors have given specifically drivers for windows 7,
    I think you should better contact Microsoft Service Center for desired drivers.

6. bhaskar_c profile image55
    bhaskar_cposted 13 years ago

windows 7 is really good looking i lv this

7. sunforged profile image72
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

I cant get my old multi-media keyboard (ps2) to work with my win7 system. Which is annoying since I love it.

I ended up running synergy between two PCs so I could still use this keyboard

8. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

Well, I called Canon on the phone this evening and even though they know that the BJC series printer are extremely popular with their customers, they do not plan to offer drivers for Win 7 for this product of printers.
    BUT.....they are offering a "NEW" line of printers with a 15% discount. lol Just as I thought, when a series performs too well without problems, it comes time to do away with it for profits.

Dang...guess I have 2 choices then:
    1: Buy a new printer for this computer. (Which I can still use the printer with my old HP which has Win XP. )
    2: Uninstall Win 7 and go back to the crappy Vista and My trusty Canon portable BJC printer will work!

Hmmmmmm.....I hate Vista. lol Guess I will see how many more issues I have with "Drivers" before I make this decision. If it is costly and too much trouble to have Win 7...maybe I should do away with Win 7 (money lost) and just buy XP full Installation and stick with that one. Or...the dreaded Vista.

9. sunforged profile image72

Option 3-

Keep printer on Win Xp PC and network two computers

Hmmm, I have never thought of that. IF I can figure out the way to do that that would be a great way to go.
      The reason I love the Canon BJC so much is it is portable. It fits in the computer bag with the laptop and is light weight. It is not the fastest printer, But I always get excellent text quality from this printer. I have had it since 1999.

10. sunforged profile image72

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)