jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

re-indexing pages question,,,,

1. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Here's another tech question I'm sure will go unanswered here. tongue

Everyone knows that when they are searching for where their own pages rank in Google, almost all the time you spot them easy because the link is purple.

That's because the browser "knows" you visited that site or page. My tourist site took a hit after I switched to a new theme.

I was doing some searching just now for a phase I use to be #4 on the front page for. Only because of some words that caught my eye did I see my site on page 6 now.

It was not purple. So, does this mean Google has re-indexed those pages, and that is why it's not shown as visited?

I hope so, because that means that my pages are coming back to good ranking, they just need to be re-indexed. I notice Bing still has my pages ranking well.

Anyone, anyone at all? smile

1. syedusmanahmed profile image59
      syedusmanahmedposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Don't worry Bill, Purple links don't means they are yours. Purple means your visited pages whether they yours or others. So whenever you clear your browser's history, they will again go blue.

Bill Manningposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for replying. Yes I know it can be other sites, but most of the time when you search for pages of your own only your pages you visited show up as visited.

I never clear my browser history, and plenty of my other pages I visited show up purple. So I'm wondering why these pages are not?

1. Susana S profile image92
          Susana Sposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Did you use a different browser or search engine?

Nope, same browser and SE. That is why I was wondering if the pages got re-indexed.

Ok, I don't know then!

2. englightenedsoul profile image62
    englightenedsoulposted 6 years ago

http://tools.strictly-software.com/search.php

Try searching through this link.  It gives accurate results (uses proxy) and also you can compare your search results from yahoo, bing and google.

That's a handy tool - thanks for sharing smile

1. englightenedsoul profile image62
        englightenedsoulposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well the credit goes to Sunforged.  He shared it on facebook (Hubsacademy page).  Many more useful stuff posted there.....

That's cool, I'm on the first page on Bing and Yahoo for what I was looking for. Gone on Google however. hmm

working