Holiday in The Channel Islands-Ten things to do in Jersey
Holidays in the Channel Islands
A holiday in the Channel Islands is a must for today's traveller , there is the stunning scenery and as ever, a very warm welcome. Jersey is no exception and one of the Channel Islands you must visit for a holiday.Jersey is a delightful, laid back island with lots to do for everyone. here you will sample the delicious food,take in the interesting history as well as the wonderful wildlife.Jersey has everything you want to ensure a relaxing holiday!
Ten Things to do in Jersey
1. Have yourself an evening drink or meal at St Aubin's harbour and enjoy the glorious and beautiful sunset, and make sure you take a stroll around, and try many of the trendy haunts on offer.
2.Head off to Royal Square on Pier Road you will discover the Jersey Museum and Art galleries and discover the island's finest treasures, including a Bronze Age gold torque and the famous portrait of Lillie Langtry.
3. Enjoy a round of golf at the famous 18-hole golf course the Royal Jersey in Grouville. However proof of handicap or membership in a recognised club is required.Also anyone can play the nine-hole Wheatlands or Greve D'Azette courses.
4.Visit the Jersey Zoological Park.and discover the many endangered species here, in Trinity, the headquarters of the Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust , founded by the late Gerald Durrell.
Jersey Zoological Park
5.Have a relaxing time at the Jersey Lavender Farm at St Belerade. Here the Lavender is harvested by hand. and they have a whole range of unique and beautiful products.
6.Drop in for a taste of local wines at La Mare Vineyards Estate, near to Devil's Hole. The vineyards are set in the grounds of an 18th-century farmhouse and visitors can also enjoy delicious biscuits and chocolates.
7.Admire Elizabeth Castle, which stands on an island in the bay, and built in the 1590s. The castle was named after Queen Elizabeth 1 by Sir Walter Raleigh whilst he was governor of Jersey.
8.Have a look at the magnificent Mont Orgeuil Castle overlooking Gorey Bay, there are also a number of restored military bunkers dotted along the coastline to admire.
9.Visit the Central and Beresford Markets in St Helier, these specialise in fish and local produce. The most famous local produce is of course Jersey Royal Potatoes make sure you try them fresh from the ground.
10. Explore the Jersey War Tunnels,a museum like no other you will have visited.The exhibition tells the story of the Nazi occupation of Jersey during the Second World War.
Jersey War Tunnels
- 10 Things to Do in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Buenos Aires has unlimited attractions, places to visit and activities. We will only mention ten that you cannot miss when you visit Buenos Aires, Queen of the River Plate.
- Holidays in the Caribbean-Ten things to do in The Ba...
Whether it's relaxation or adventure you are after a holiday in the Caribbean would come easy to you, and The Bahamas is a perfect choice to enjoy a luxurious holiday . The mild year-round climate and...
- Holiday in France-Ten things to do in Paris
If you are planning to make France your Holiday destination, then a visit to it's welcoming and glamorous capital Paris is a must.A romantic holiday break is many peoples idea of Paris, but it has plenty to...
- Holiday in Turkey-Ten things to do in Istanbul
If you are planning to travel to Turkey or booking your summer holiday,put the beautiful and stunning Istanbul on the list of places you must visit.The European Capital of Culture for 2010 is a place...
- Holidays in Mexico-Ten things to do in the Mayan Ri...
For anyone planning a holiday to Mexico, the exciting and vibrant Mayan Riviera is a fantastic holiday experience all year round.Situated 42 miles south of Cancun ,most of the splendid hotels are situated...
- Holidays in Italy-Ten things to do in Tuscany
If you are planning a holiday to Italy.A visit to Tuscany is a must for your holiday planner. The food and stunning landscapes alone would make this a holiday in paradise.Think of Tuscany and Florence and...