jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Best vacation spots for people who like adventure: hiking, horsepacking, kyaking

1. dana825 profile image57
    dana825posted 9 years ago

Best vacation spots for people who like adventure: hiking, horsepacking, kyaking, etc.

2. Carmen_Sandiego profile image77
    Carmen_Sandiegoposted 8 years ago

It depends if you want to head somewhere in the U.S. or to another part of the world.  If you want to stay in the country, I would suggest my hometown of Breckenridge, Colorado. 

It's a ski town in the Winter, and in the Summer, it has all those things you require.  It's nestled in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, and only a 1.5 hour drive from Denver.  You can drive 45 minutes south for kayaking.  But right there in the county, there is cliff jumping, boating, hiking, mountain biking, and horse-themed trips.

If not Breckenridge, try some other Colorado mountain towns like Telluride, Steamboat, Crested Butte.  All my favorites!  I hope this helps.

3. Solorya profile image78
    Soloryaposted 8 years ago

The Great Northwest! Here in Seattle we're nestled inbetween two mountain ranges with some of the best hikes around! Explore North America's only rainforest (yes, rainforest) in Olympic National Park, or head East to the Cascades. There's plenty of horsecountry around, and the Puget Sound and/or the San Juan Islands offer amazing kayak experiences.

4. NathanSyckel profile image55
    NathanSyckelposted 7 years ago

All of the suggestions so far are great. Like Carmen said, it depends if you want to stay in the US. If you'd like to stay in the US, I would say Yosemite National Park covers quite a few of those activities. Especially for hiking.

If you wanna get out of the country, I'd say go to Argentina. It's beautiful and you can do all of the things you mentioned there. It's a bit out of the way, but it's one of the most unique and pristine places left in the world in my opinion.

working