- Never tell anyone your hotel room number.
- Don't walk in unfamiliar areas after dark unless there are many other people walking around the same area.
- Walk assertively, with your head up and your shoulders down. Don't scurry like a frightened rabbit, it attracts predators.
- If you want to spend time with someone you've just met, do so in a public place. Do not go to any private area with a new acquaintance.
- Beware of people who pretend to be hurt or lost and ask for your assistance. This is a classic ploy to lure unsuspecting, goodhearted people into vulnerable situations.
- Carry a cell phone and make sure someone always knows where you are and when you're expected to return.
- If you're traveling by car and are approached by someone asking for directions or assistance never ever get out of your car. If you want to speak to them roll down your window no more than an inch and keep your car in Drive so you can leave quickly if the situation turns threatening.
I know these tips may seem paranoid but they kept me safe during many years of traveling on business to new cities.
Just be very careful. Don't go to a very remote place when you are alone. Be careful to strangers also.
by Devika Primić 18 months ago
Have you traveled alone, (especially for the women)?Please, some advice on traveling alone, especially if you are a woman!
by SummerSurf 5 years ago
Would you travel alone?
by Alberto Mota 8 months ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Why traveling alone is beneficial for the soul (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!
by Melbourne31 10 days ago
I believe that each of us have reasons why we prefer to travel alone or in a group. I want to hear your opinions.
by Susan SJ 8 days ago
Is it better to travel alone or with someone? Wat do you think?I dream of traveling the world someday, and I'd love to know what you think?
by Krystal 5 years ago
What are the 3 worst mistakes that single women make when seeking "true love"?
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|