jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why should I move to British Columbia?

1. Ben Zoltak profile image86
    Ben Zoltakposted 7 years ago

Why should I move to British Columbia?

I've been hearing more and more great things about BC, why should I move there from the States? Is dual citizenship possible? What is the weather like? What are the legal benefits of BC? What is the job market like? Will my children be drafted? Is natural/outdoors typed property inexpensive? Will my sense of humor change if I become a Canuck? LOL

2. Jennifer D. profile image75
    Jennifer D.posted 7 years ago

Relocating from the States to BC isn't going to be easy, Ben.
    It would be my recommendation that you check out Canada's Immigration website to see how you can manage to become a legal resident.

BC is a diverse, beautiful place with (mostly) friendly people. I find that some Canadians don't like America and if you don't have thick skin it would be easy to take their comments personally.

Food is expensive, real estate is expensive, but the climate is nice and there is just absolute beauty everywhere. I cannot think of a more beautiful place in a temperate zone.

3. kcreery profile image61
    kcreeryposted 7 years ago

Your sense of humour will change for the better.  You'll have to start adding a "u" to colour and humour etc.  Your children will not be drafted so that is a benefit.  Property is expensive and the job market is tight right now. 

The weather depends on where you move.  Victoria on the west coast has the mildest climate.  BC is the best place on earth.  You should visit before you move here though.

4. EQTactics profile image61
    EQTacticsposted 6 years ago

BC has earthquakes on the coast and is quite far north. I reccomond if you move there you bring many heavy clothes and go as far east as possible. You may want to live near the border where it's warmer than southern Alaska. Living there is Defenitely better than Nunavut of Yukon but I strongly reccomend, if you want, to go to southen Ontario or Quebec.