In the city you live in, what is public transit like? Is it convenient and relia

1. mtkomori profile image88
    mtkomoriposted 7 years ago

In the city you live in, what is public transit like? Is it convenient and reliable?

I live in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, population half a million. The only transit we have is the bus system and it is not very convenient nor is it reliable. Close to 90% of the population commute by car. Now that the population in this region is increasing, there are more cars, and hence traffic congestion. The bus system is  being improved slowly and there are plans to build a light rail transit. It is thought that improving transit will discourage people from driving in this region.

2. profile image0
    zainulrizaposted 7 years ago

I live in Jakarta, a big city with 12 million people at working hours and 8 million people after working hours. Public transport is very bad, do you want to drive your car? in the "city" you face heavy traffic jam..

no choice

3. PAPA-BEAR profile image60
    PAPA-BEARposted 7 years ago

I live in London, within .5 to 1mile I have a main line station into London and to the North of England, I have two Underground stations (perhaps one of them is 1.5 miles), these stations are direct into London 20-25 minutes depends which stop you want. I have 9 bus routes into central London and suburbs. London has a Congestion Charge for cars and commercial transport, so instead of public transport congestion it is congested with buses and cabs. Me I love the Underground, fast and free for me I am over 60, so we recieve free travel. Is it reliable, it is, is it convienient, I think it is. Of course some do not agree, perhaps because it is packed in rush hours, but what can you do. An Underground train comes every 5 - 6 minutes on most lines.

working