How Much Do People Know About The Chinese People?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)
  1. ngureco profile image81
    ngurecoposted 13 years ago

How Much Do People Know About The Chinese People?

I ask this question because many ordinary people like asking me silly questions about the Chinese people. They ask me questions like: Do Chinese people eat babies? Do Chinese people eat dogs? Do Chinese people eat cats? Do Chinese people have eyelashes? Do Chinese herbs work? Do Chinese people make babies? Do Chinese people eat rats? Do Chinese people eat monkey brains? Do Chinese people do this and that? Etc, etc,. These are silly questions you wish people should not ask but they just keep on asking them. Do people ask these silly questions because they know very little about Chinese people?

2. profile image35
    hulaboy808posted 13 years ago

Humm thats odd, im Chinese and i never had those questions asked.

3. elayne001 profile image78
    elayne001posted 13 years ago

I think many of us are ignorant about the Chinese. It was not until I became a very good friend of a girl who came here from China that I learned so much from her. There are so many different cultures of Chinese and they do not all look the same like so many believe. I wrote a recent hub about the traditional Uyghur food from East China. It tells some of the things I have learned so far.

4. telltale profile image60
    telltaleposted 13 years ago

The Chinese people are no different from the other people in the world, we are just one of the races of the world.  As in different cultures, we are different, in practices, "our" type of food we eat, the way we dress (those ancient days, but not nowadays, as most are in western dressing - coat and tie), etc.  It appears people in general are mostly ignorant about the Chinese, and in today's world, the questions you mentioned, should not have been asked at all, since knowledge about the Chinese (for that matter, any race in the world) is readily available via the Net, unless one still wants to remain ignorant, that is a choice.

5. ngureco profile image81
    ngurecoposted 13 years ago

The people of China are no different from other
    people in the world. If you find yourself asking, ‘Why are People Extremely Terrified of Chinese
    People?’, then, you may as well ask yourself this, ‘Are Chinese People Extremely
    Terrified of... read more

6. Kyle.S profile image61
    Kyle.Sposted 13 years ago

Sure, those are silly questions. As I am a Chinese, I don't know why there are such guys exist.  we have a great history, our country is one of the most powerful country in the world.  We are the NO.1 in the 2008 olympic game. And in the following years, we will become more developed.  It really make me laugh to hear someone ask "Do Chinese people eat babies? ". China has a very good eating and life habit compare to most of the other countries. I don't think one who can ask a question like "Do Chinese people eat babies? " because of knowing little about Chinese people.  The only reason is " there are some problems in their brain".
    It is really confused that why people from different country can not live happily with each other together but to say dirty thing to hit each other.

7. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 13 years ago

This is the kind of question members of Stormfront and other Neo Nazi groups like to pose in forums in the hope of stoking hatred. I am guessing you are not a member of any these groups but it is still pretty unpleasant to read.

If you have lived in any Asian country (which I think you do nguero) you will have come across many Chinese people peacefully integrated into the social fabric and making a great contribution to local economies.

In your hub on Chinese people, you talk about Chinese people eating dogs as if it is common (it is not), This seems just a way of stirring up ill feeling and exploiting the silly fears of silly Weaterners- they appear different so they must be dangerous etc etc.

8. lovelylizzy profile image61
    lovelylizzyposted 13 years ago

NO!!!!Stupid!!!!!!Why the heck are people always saying they eat rats,don't have eyelashes and kill babies?I'm pretty sure they don't kill babies.I live in the bahamas,i am black,and 12 years old,and i don't just LOVE chinese food,i think chinese people are beautiful.Every day Ignorant school kids are always talking about how gross chinese people are.Let me clear something up for you.
    Chinese people DON'T eat babies.
    Chinese people DON'T eat dogs,nor cats nor rats,AND THEY SURELY DON'T PUT IT IN YOUR CHINESE TAKEOUT.
    Chinese people DO have eyelashes.Who doesn't.
    They don't eat monkey brains.NOBODY eats monkey brains.
    Perhaps,their herbs work,but that is based on culture and belief.DON'T BE STUPID.THESE QUESTIONS ARE CRAZY.
    CHINESE PEOPLE ARE JUST LIKE US.I WANNA KNOW WHAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE DIFFERENT!!!!!

9. Edwin Clark profile image62
    Edwin Clarkposted 13 years ago

There are a lot of misconceptions thrown out by fear mongers regarding China, especially since they are on the verge of becoming the world's super power.

And there are certainly enough ignorant people in the world to begin with without having to fill their heads with propaganda.

That said, people in certain parts of China do eat cats and dogs. But it's not because they are cruel people. Just think about it, there is a vast majority of poor Chinese who live in the countryside with little resources of food. If you're a farmer or herder living in the prairies your food source is scarce.

And if you are a parent you have to feed your children.

10. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 13 years ago

I am an Indian. I assure that Chinese people are better civilised than those who criticize them about their eating habits. Politically, they never insert their nose wherever possible and get struck up like Americans. They are the first to use paper and ink. Their silk clothings made history by providing avenues for international trade, via Afganistan from the West. Their civilization, their discipline, their dreams of becoming No.1 in the world are to be and must be appreciated.

23 centuries ago, they embraced Budhism from India.... Budha was born in Nepal; but his religious journey started in India. All his teachings were collected and spread by Indian emperor Ashoka.   India is proud that we have religious bonds for 2300+ years with China. Though there are some border disagreements, we cant afford others to cash in on the disputes.

In a book written by a German author named "Himalayas, Mountains of Destiny", it is outlined that one day, the three major powers of the world, India, China and Russia will rule the destiny of the Globe..  USA & Co. are taking care that this does not happen.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)