Do you konw 2011 Horticulture Expo held in Xi'an, China?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (21 posts)
  1. sophia jia profile image59
    sophia jiaposted 13 years ago

Many  of you must know Shanghai World Expo, while how about the great Xi'an  Horticulture Expo that will open ceremony tomorow? there will be various kinds of plants from all over the world on display.

1. Greek One profile image64
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love hors!  Count me in!

Tell me, during the opening ceremony of which you speak, will there be lip syncing by a state-approved little girl like the Olympics?

http://amysrobot.com/files/chinese_girls.JPG

1. recommend1 profile image60
        recommend1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe you think that because the poster is Chinese they will not pick up on your tasteless post ?

Putting such a comment with pictures of young girls is beyond tasteless and you should be ashamed of what your bigoted views prompt you to do.

what is tasteless is your support of the dictatorship in China simply because it is Chinese.

As you have already discovered - I don't support any such thing.  I do support exposing total hypocrisy, lies and misinformation - and racist bigotry such as you show in your tasteless comment above.

You think it is ok to make this kind of comment about young Chinese girls (who are nothing to do with the Chinese gov.)

but I guess if were to put up pictures of the Miss kiddie America pageant with your comment about 'liking whores' that would be different ??

That's funny.. I am disgusted by the dictatorship oppressing a billion Chinese people, and I am the bigot?   I want their freedom... and as I have already discovered, you could care less about them since you equal criticism of the regime as being the same as criticizing China itself.  Let me tell you something my friend, China and the Chinese people will still be around when they get rid of their dictators

If you had a clue about anything, you would know that the reason I posted the pic of two young Chinese girls in question has a lot to do with the government, and nothing to do about my first comment.  A government so concerned about China's image (like you are), that they had the girl on right lip sync the lyrics sung by the supposedly 'less cute' girl on the left during the Olympics.  THAT is the regime you keep apologizing for.

I have never 'apologised' for any such thing - All my comments are clear and show that I do not support any dictatorship or bought presidencies either. Every comment I simply point out the blind hatred and sickening hypocrisy that you and the other very few bigots spew into these forums. 

You can mouth around it all you like but your comment was clearly 'whores' above the picture of the two little Chinese girls who are nothing to do with politics or with you.

Why not just man up and apologise.

tell me, what am I bigoted against except those who oppress the Chinese people?

Not ONCE have you denounced the regime in China, but rather take great pains to point out American foreign policy crimes or 'bought presidencies' whenever the topic is brought up as a knee jerk defense reaction.

Thousands of people are being killed in the Arab world for standing up for their rights, but you chose to use Hubpages as a away to explain 'how to use a Chinese toilet', rather than to speak up against the government that sends the rights and freedoms of Chinese people down the drain.

If you can't distinguish between my two original comments or see that they have nothing to do with each other, then that is your issue. If you think that the two Chinese girls have nothing to do with politics, then that is not surprising at all.

You showed arrogant and uncaring bigotry in respect of the two pictured girls.  It is not hard, you inferred they were whores.

Why not stop bringing in the Chinese government, the arab world and Chinese toilets to defend your innapropriate and bigoted comment.

I guess being a man is beyond you, but then we knew that already from all your previous bigoted and unwarranted tirades.

2. recommend1 profile image60

So you did not post this then.

Maybe we should call Hubpages to find out who this other bigot is who is impersonating you big_smile

you are reaching, my friend.. they were two separate comments...and you are trying to change the subject.

If you want to talk about abuse of children, then I would be more than happy to talk about their treatment in China

This was the subject, the start of the discussion and the end of it.

For the umpteenth time - you cannot find one post where I defended any of the things you mention over and over again.
              ONLY YOU MENTION THEM - EVERY TIME.

You are clearly not going to change your bigoted views in this thread and I am off to bed - I suppose you will want start up about me sleeping with your enemy now ?

You clearly linked whores and the little Chinese girls - a despicable and disgustingly bigoted comment which no wriggling around and unfounded accusations change.

This was the subject, the start of the discussion and the end of it.  You can play with yourself here if you like, I am off, before the stink of hypocrisy is sickens me.

Funny what you chose to have sicken you and what you don't.

I hope you sleep well.. thousands in Chinese prisons wont be sleeping well tonight... nor will those in Tibet who want their freedom, nor will the children who have to get up to work in Chinese factories tomorrow morning... nor will those who want to freedom of religion.

Hold tight to your misrepresentation of my comments and your misguided outrage.. they will have to take the place of your missing conscious so that you can get some shut eye.

.. and above all, don't worry.. the flowers will be blossoming at the Horticulture Expo this year.. and isn't that the most important thing???

Back to the topic.

This horticultural exhibition is a huge display, visitors to Xi'an might like to add a day to their itinerary if they can.

These things are not done by halves, in a country that has hand kept gardens alongside and between every highway - all of it - the horticultural industry is a huge business.

who cares?

Many thousands of normal western unbigoted people visiting every day seem to care big_smile

Do you think that the Chinese Christians arrested for praying would like to be released so that they could attend?...

Chinese Christians held at Easter service: church

(AFP) – 3 days ago

BEIJING — Up to 30 members of a Chinese evangelical church were arrested on Sunday for trying to hold an Easter service in defiance of the officially atheist government, a member of the clergy said.

A large number of police began to gather early Sunday in the Zhongguancun area of Beijing where the Shouwang Church had said it would hold an outdoor service to mark the holiest day of the Christian calendar.

"Between 20 and 30 followers were taken away by police," senior pastor Jin Tianming told AFP by telephone from his home, where he is under house arrest. He said there were several police officers posted outside the building.

He added that the members of the congregation who were arrested had been taken to different police stations and that none had so far been released.

Jin had said before the planned gathering that the church considered Easter an important occasion and would stick to its decision to hold a service.

"This is our uncompromising position and a matter of faith. If they arrest our followers, this is the price we are willing to pay," he had said.

Police declined to comment on the arrests when contacted by AFP.

The defiant stance of the Shouwang Church, one of Beijing's biggest unofficial Christian groups, comes amid a severe crackdown on government critics that has seen scores of people detained, disappeared or facing charges.

Authorities evicted Shouwang from its previous place of worship, a rented office space, in November and blocked the congregation of about 1,000 people from entering new premises purchased with church funds, Jin said.

China's communist government has long frowned on religion and imposes controls on faith by requiring groups to register for government approval to gather, despite an official policy stipulating religious freedom.

Shouwang, which means "to keep watch", was established in 1993 and has sought government registration since 2006, Jin said, but has been repeatedly refused.

On April 10, nearly 170 church followers were rounded up by police after trying to hold an outdoor service in western Beijing's Haidian university district. Nearly 50 were detained a week later.

Most followers were released after up to 24 hours in custody.

The US government has repeatedly criticised China's overall rights crackdown, while the US Commission on International Religious Freedom, an autonomous government board, last week condemned the actions against Shouwang.

"Beijing has again responded with ruthless intolerance to peaceful religious activity," Leonard Leo, chair of the commission, said in a statement that also urged China to stop detaining members and allow Easter services.

Jin said before Sunday's service that all church leaders were under house arrest and would unlikely be able to leave their homes for the service.

Authorities have cracked down hard on dissidents, activists and rights lawyers since anonymous Internet appeals emerged in February calling for "Jasmine" protests each Sunday around the country.

The campaign was aimed at sparking public calls for government reform similar to those that have rocked the Arab world, but no public demonstrations have been reported in China.

Jin said Shouwang had no links with the calls for "Jasmine" protests.

In numerous Internet postings, other unregistered Christians in China voiced support for the Shouwang church.

About 15 million Protestants and five million Catholics worship at official churches in China, according to recent official data.

But an estimated more than 50 million others are believed to pray at "underground" or "house" churches like Shouwang, which refuse to submit to government regulation.

Pastor Yuan Ling said Shouwang's "sole desire is that we can awaken the conscience of our rulers through our peaceful and holy action of sacrifice".

"Only in this way can we really love our government," he added.

recommend1posted 13 years ago

Reading your own stuff is not your strong point is it, that selective blindness huh.

"About 15 million Protestants and five million Catholics worship at official churches in China, according to recent official data."
    This is a fact - and I have personally witnessed many freely held church services, we have a couple of churches here.

"where the Shouwang Church had said it would hold an outdoor service'
    This is also fact - and proselytising, such as holding a religious service as deliberate advertising out in the street, is against about the only 'repression' that religion suffers in China.

The rest is pure spun crap.  I am here and have christian friends, muslim friends, more kinds than I bother to remember, none of them mentions any repression and many go off to the local religious places without any concern.  I get the few western imported foods that I like at the muslim shop at the gate of the local mosque, service as normal every day.

If you want to try and put up a bunch of evangelical christians who are deliberately trying to create trouble in a secular country as your best try - maybe it is time to go back to those pictures of Tibetans being beaten, in India, as it clearly said in the caption.  Blind hatred and bigotry do not make good research fellows. Maybe we can go back just a few years to McCarthyism and that aggressive repression of americans, it is not hard to find fault in others - it becomes more useful to society if you take a look at where you are standing.

But still no apology for calling Chinese children whores then big man ?

you are the one who chose to associate Chinese children with whores, not me....

Funny you are so upset with a link that i didn't make, but you have no issues with child labour in China, it seems?

Tell me, is the oppression on Tibet a lie too?  I guess just as long as the flower show is well attended.. all is well, I guess, right?

PS.. there you go ONCE AGAIN... trying to defend Chinese tyranny by talking about American McCarthyism.. or American evangelicals.

3. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

http://images.dailytech.com/nimage/13851_China_Child_Labor.png

http://new-standards.net/files/ns/pics/resources-re-child-labor-in-china/11.jpg

http://images.publicradio.org/content/2010/06/22/20100622_chinese-light-factory-workers_18.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)