Not sure. I was in Manila a couple of years ago on business and I really didn't like the city for many different reasons. But, then again I guess that I have not seen enough of the country to make an informed decision.
If I have to settle in one country in SE Asia (and I have been to most of them) it would probably be Thailand.
There are places in the Philippines where you can live nicely. Like Bohol, where you can see the Chocolate Hills. If you prefer to live in a city, cities in the provinces are much nicer and of low cost, compared to the very busy Metro Manila.
Yes and no.
- cost of living is low compared with other countries'
- plenty of sunshine
- many beautiful places ideal for vacations (beaches are excellent, in particular)
- retirement here would be relatively cheaper than in other countries
- generally, Filipinos have a sunny disposition
- language barrier is comparatively lower than in other countries since many Filipinos can speak English
- limited job opportunities
- corruption persists in several government agencies
- public healthcare needs a lot of improvement
- safety can be questionable in some places
by Bianu 6 years ago
I am 38 with a 7yr old son and married to the same supportive man. He has always wanted a second baby but I wasn't too sure. I am beginning to feel that time is running out for me. When will I be too old!
by blessedp 4 years ago
If you had a choice, which other country would you live?
by Lgali 9 years ago
I like most is quicksand, he always productive comments on my all hubs
by CONSCIOUSNINJA 3 years ago
Do you think vaccinations are essential? Is this an educated, informed decision?There is a lot of evidence out there easily accessible to any parent wishing to inform themselves on the dangers of vaccines and the potential side effects they can cause. What about the fact that many conditions that...
by wendy87 7 years ago
How many countries have you visited and which one is best for living ?
by Jenna Ditsch 4 years ago
Vaccinations: Good or Evil?This is a hot topic right now. There's lots of people and research saying vaccinations do more harm than good. Then there are others saying just the opposite. What do you believe and WHY do you believe it? Share resources/testimonies/evidence...
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|