Not sure. I was in Manila a couple of years ago on business and I really didn't like the city for many different reasons. But, then again I guess that I have not seen enough of the country to make an informed decision.
If I have to settle in one country in SE Asia (and I have been to most of them) it would probably be Thailand.
There are places in the Philippines where you can live nicely. Like Bohol, where you can see the Chocolate Hills. If you prefer to live in a city, cities in the provinces are much nicer and of low cost, compared to the very busy Metro Manila.
Yes and no.
- cost of living is low compared with other countries'
- plenty of sunshine
- many beautiful places ideal for vacations (beaches are excellent, in particular)
- retirement here would be relatively cheaper than in other countries
- generally, Filipinos have a sunny disposition
- language barrier is comparatively lower than in other countries since many Filipinos can speak English
- limited job opportunities
- corruption persists in several government agencies
- public healthcare needs a lot of improvement
- safety can be questionable in some places
by Lgali9 years ago
I like most is quicksand, he always productive comments on my all hubs
by blessedp3 years ago
If you had a choice, which other country would you live?
by Kylar Williams2 months ago
How do I invest in the stock market?I want to learn how to invest in the stock market and what are the best stocks to buy.
by BlessedBella6 years ago
Most of the times people may call House a Home, yes I understand them completely.But is it the same as having a big cozy house in another country and still call it home?I have had this experience, and no matter how I...
by wendy876 years ago
How many countries have you visited and which one is best for living ?
by WriteAngled8 years ago
The forums here get a bit hot at times. However, my personal experience of the forums is fantastic. I have found that if one speaks with sincerity, it is easy to make friends even with people who have drastically...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.