Have you ever been to the Philippines?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (23 posts)
  1. JKSophie profile image69
    JKSophieposted 15 years ago

If yes, where and what comment can you give? big_smile

2. BeatsMe profile image53
    BeatsMeposted 15 years ago

lol. I live here. Comment? Mmm. No comment. tongue

JKSophieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That's cute big_smile Hope you can share something about our country for other hubbers' info.

3. JKSophie profile image69
    JKSophieposted 15 years ago

There are a lot of tourist spots in the Philippines like Baguio, Boracay, Rice Terraces, Chocolate Hills, Hundred Islands, and others. I just want to know if anyone was able to visit any of these and what your impression is about the country. big_smile

4. premsingh profile image62
    premsinghposted 15 years ago

I have gone to Philippines four times and once I stayed there for four months. I have visited almost all the important places like Las Banos, Manila, Bagio, Hundred Islands and several other places.I liked this country. Being a vegetarian I faced some problem but people are very nice there so I managed to survive. Since I have been there on official visits, most of the things were arranged by our host. My favorite item was San Migual (bear brand) and it was relatively less expensive. my overall observation about the country was: Its a very civilized, open and beautiful country.People have great civic sense. I observed that no vehicle will overtake another  in urban areas (will not blow horn) and people will not throw anything in the open or on the roads.

Very nice observation Premsingh.  Thanks for sharing this to us.  I hope you can comeback so you can enjoy other places in the Philippines. smile

5. ngureco profile image80
    ngurecoposted 15 years ago

These people have handsome and inexpensive handicrafts and beautiful women.

That's right.  Our natives, especially in Baguio, really have good handicrafts.  smile

6. anngell_22 profile image58
    anngell_22posted 15 years ago

Hi! I see you like travelling. I now that my country is very far from you - Moldova, but here is a very interesting place to visit, If you ever heard about Milestii Mici, this is a whole underground wine city. It has 200km of underground tunnels in which is kept the wine, there are a lot of barrels, and there is a lot of wine. If you will be interested i can tell you more about this....smile It is really nice, i am telling you becouse i like travelling to...

Thanks anngell_22 for the information.  I really like to know about different places and their interesting stories.  It would be great if you do a hub about Milestii Mici. smile

7. aimeeSF profile image64
    aimeeSFposted 15 years ago

Yes - I LOVE going to the Philippines :-)

I've been to Manila, Cavite, Cebu, and many other spots.  My most recent visit was to the El Nido Resort and I had the best time ever... I definitely would recommend El Nido Resort as a point of interest for those planning to travel out to PI!!

That's great!  I'm glad you've visited most of the great spots in the Philippines.  Thank you for recommending El Nido Resort. smile

8. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

I haven't been to the Philippines, but I was thinking of going one day. What I don't understand is why are there so many people from the Philippines on Hubpages? It seems like a lot from the area try to make money online more then any other area. It's not just Hubpages, but a lot of Online Game Currency is sold using laborers from the Philippines. Even on sales from huge computer chains (Sony, HP, GateWay, Dell) that the Philippines have less computers then most areas. Just was wondering why this is, that's all.

~thranax~

1. marycon08 profile image60
      marycon08posted 15 years agoin reply to this

hi there thranax...ur code name quite confusing..anyway..I am a Filipina and I live here..and never been travel abroad. But i quite known some countries by reading articles, watching documentaries about their culture civilization and so on.
      Nowadays people are being affected in US economy crises...you should not wonder why specially people here from Phil. are spreading out...to find good money even on blogging. You see..blogging cannot harm any person. And to tell you that Filipino has good PR. on selling goods so...it might be a good answer to your questions. We have also a techno park at Laguna Province.. making those chips on your PC maybe..that comes from here.

You can come to Phil. anytime u want...and discover our natures & tourist spots Philippines can offer also the people hospitality.

smile GOD BLESS

2. JKSophie profile image69

Hi thranax! That's a good observation.  I am a Filipina and I joined hubpages to express my thoughts, and not just to earn (well, am really not expecting anything 'coz I have a stable job supporting my expenses).  This is also my way of releasing stress after coming from work.  It's more of like a hobby than my bread and butter.

We have good technology here and most homes already have PC's (I even have 2 laptops - HP).  Although, it's true that sales of computer is low here in our country, due to our economy, but we'll have our time. I'm just not sure if it's already in CNN or any global news network that we now have our own oil reserve and will soon be out in the global market, so if that went well, then most of our people will have PC's. Our country is very interesting. To know more about it, I guess it's best to put that thought into action and drop by our country one day.  I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.  smile Here's something you might want to read so you can have an overview of the Philippines - http://hubpages.com/hub/travel-Philippines

And by the way, hubpages have multi-national members which includes members from US, Europe, India, China, Australia, Philippines, etc, so I think, it's free for all. smile

1. thranax profile image72
        thranaxposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your incite. I have known hubpages is multi-national, it's just I saw a surplus from India and the Philippines. That's all I was wondering.

~thranax~

9. profile image53
    bajatrek.composted 15 years ago

Two thumbs up for the Philippines. Great place to vacation and a wonderful place to live. Nice people, too. It has a little bit of everything and the food is wonderful. It's definitely a place that is backpacker friendly and has inexpensive transportation. It may get a little hot during some times of the year but that shouldn't stop you. Have fun! big_smile

1. realitydream profile image59
      realitydreamposted 15 years agoin reply to this

a good place to find a good wife who will treat you like a king !

1. Edwin Clark profile image61
        Edwin Clarkposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Out of curiousity what makes you say that the Philippines is a great place to find a wife?

10. pencil2pen profile image54
    pencil2penposted 15 years ago

My husband and I went to the Philippines to pick up our son who had lived two years on the islands of Leyte and Samar when on his mission for the Mormon Church. He became fluent in Cebuano (Visian) (still is) and a bit in Togalag and the dialect on Samar. He absolutely loved it there. We loved it also. It is the people-- they were wonderful to us and so friendly and welcoming. It was very interesting for us to visit there and see another lifestyle We spent 10 days there mostly visiting people all over Leyte and Samar but we also traveled to Cebu, Bohol (which was so beautiful and interesting) and Manilla.

11. phuketindex profile image56
    phuketindexposted 14 years ago

hope to visit someday...

1. profile image49
      Blarneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes many times...in makati

12. profile image0
    DjBryle Worksposted 14 years ago

The Philippines is one of the most beautiful countries in the world. Tourist spots like Puerto Galera, The Chocolate Hills in  Bicol, Boracay Island, and much more are just one of the most desirable things about the Philippines!
    But guess what's more beautiful about this country, they are the FILIPINOS. They are respectful people, who are hard working and creative.Filipinos are known for their ability to blend well with others and speaks English well (with the right grammar and diction). Their country is a third world country but they can manage life well. They are positive thinkers, and this may be is the reason why they have low rate with suicide cases.
    I wonder why blogs about calling them a "nation of servant" came out...it seems so discriminating. There are many Filipino doctors, engineers, lawyers, registered nurses and other professionals around the globe and let's not deny the fact that they are one of the best.
    On the other hand, maybe they are servants... THEY ARE A NATION OF SERVANTS OF GOD, who can survive a recession despite the odds of the economy.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)