What can you say about the Philippines?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 56 discussions (130 posts)
  1. santosardee profile image58
    santosardeeposted 14 years ago

I want to know what the people from other countries think about the Philipiines and the Filipinos.

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My ex sister in law is from Manila, she used to make these rolled up fried things Lupia is that right?

santosardeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

'Lumpia' that is. smile

1. profile image0
          A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, yes it was very good.

2. tritrain profile image70
          tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ahhh, Lumpia.  Tasty!

I'd been to the Philippines a few times.  Very nice people!

2. prettydarkhorse profile image61
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lumpia

2. tony0724 profile image61
      tony0724posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The women are beautiful for sure !!! And we have a very large community of Filipinos here and they are lovely people .

santosardeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, Filipinas are way hotter than other asian women, not to mention, more sweeter. smile

1. tksensei profile image61
          tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are beautiful women from every part of the world.

1. profile image0
            ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is very true tksensei..... I have just this hour got back from my first ever trip to Scotland (Edinburgh), and my perception of Scottish women was tainted a little by Susan Boyle. How wrong I was..... some stunningly beatiful ladies.

1. profile image0
              poetlorraineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

but are they brilliant singers

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image43
                GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hehehe Susan Boyle captivated the whole world with her great voice, she may not be a stunner to me her humble attributes and singing prowess, for me makes her beautiful, besides physical appearance no matter how beautiful it is may fade but inner beauty will last for a lifetime...

2. profile image54
              RBDTposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is one my Favourite country ..
              My Guru ji Master Choa Kok sui is from Phillipines

2. Dao Hoa profile image59
          Dao Hoaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm! That is very bias! 

I think the Vietnamese women are the most beautiful women in the world!

Seriously, there are many beautiful women in many counties!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61

Hi Dao, morning,

1. Dao Hoa profile image59

Hi Maita!

I have a good Filipina best friend! And my friend also told me,

"Philippines is a beautiful country".

BTW, my neighbors here are Vietnamese and we get along well, they are pretty sisters and I love hanging out with them, they are the ones who taught me how to cook beef pho noodles...

It seems to be the most like dish beside the eggrolls. :-)

yes Dao and I love it, once a week at least I go to a Vietnamese restaurant here at Dallas,

3. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Haven't been, but would LOVE the opportunity.
      Have met and keep friendships with wonderful Filipino people!
      So my thought is that they fascinating, diverse, adaptable, and warm.

4. tksensei profile image61
      tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They beat the Dodgers!

5. Paraglider profile image89
      Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wrote a hub about your people, so I won't repeat it all here. But if it weren't for Filipino ex-pats, the Gulf States would collapse overnight.
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Filipinos

I read this already paraglider and this is indeed a great hub...

1. Paraglider profile image89

Hi General - I know you did smile  I just like to keep spreading the word..

Thank you very much for the tribute hehehe.

Im kinda have a spoiler role sometimes here hehehe, I think I better change for the better and keeps on doing the usual thing nyahaha to fit in to your hubs about us smile ...

6. profile image53
      Blackrhinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Love the Philippines!  People there are very friendly!  But, you guys need to do something like overthrow the corrupt politicians or something... the country has beautiful beaches but kidnappings are world famous!

FREE math learning for children 3 to 12 and up.

7. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

The people there are resiliant, they know how to live well with very little. They have a real sense of humor, and they have a practical side to them that makes them very smart about things around them.

The are basicly a good people who deserve much more than they get.
      They have been used by other countries, not Just the US, and that wear on them shows at times.

I very much enjoyed the country and the times I have been there to work and visit.

8. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've gotten so much traffic from there that I finally looked you guys up. smile

Population: ~100,000,000.

Official Language: English.

Frankly, I had no idea! smile

9. bulalo profile image60
      bulaloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nicest place on Earth.

But I'm biased. big_smile

BTW, I keep reading Philipino or Philipinos even from expats.

It's Filipino (the people) and Filipino (the language) is our official language, English is the second official language.

1. mecheil profile image61
        mecheilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's Filipino (the people) and Filipino (the language) is our official language

It's Filipino (the people) and Tagalog (the language) is our official language

10. Milla Mahno profile image60
      Milla Mahnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ah, the motherland I wish I get to visit eventually...

11. samwtan profile image60
      samwtanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

danger

2. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

My sister-in-law is Philipino and see is great! A fine example of a good Christian woman. A little uncomfortable about how we were treated when we pulled out but we should leave everywhere and just worry about America.

3. topgunjager profile image61
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

this is not a hate response but it seems like all the filipinos i meet are either trying to be black or trying to be white, i don't even know what a real filipino is=)

hi topgunjager, yeah like most people filipinoes have individual preferences, I for one is proud of my brown complexion and I love it

4. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

I would say something about Filipinoes: I would like to thank paraglider for writing about Filipinoes.

I am a filipina who is currently in the US. Filipinoes are all over the world working and trying to support their families back there. They care for the world, working as nurses and health care provider, where other else wouldnt.

Filipinoes are known for being caring, loving and love for the simple things in life..

I am proud to be a Filipino!

5. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Obviously there's one who does not seem to perceive us as good people.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/25030?page=2

1. profile image58
      C.J. Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

See, you have to put a diclaimer on a link to a "Religous Forum"!
      Those are VERY dangerous places! Now I need a shower.

6. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 14 years ago

Christ was born in Asia (Bethlahem, Israel).

But Phillipins is the only Christian country in Asia!

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not so, Australia is a christian country.

1. Paraglider profile image89

Don't worry Earnest - you'll soon change that wink

earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am trying! Some would say very trying. lol

7. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Love the people! smile

1. emievil profile image68
      emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks earnest smile

8. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

i am glad i have this opportunity to let you know exactly what i think of Philipine people that i know.

The most beautiful, hard working angels i have ever met.  Seem to have a good word for everybody, whilst under estimating themselves greatly....... At work we have a girl in the laundry, she has had to leave her child behind, but she just works hard, everywhere she goes, she lives calm and neatness behind her.  Her husband is the cleaner, and he is beautiful also, so nice to the patients and staff, and a very hard worker.   Cris A is almost divine.  talented, kind, time for everyone...... i just have only praise for the people i have known and loved from the philipines

Thank you so much poetlorraine... we also love you hehehe from the bottom of our heart...

9. prettydarkhorse profile image61

hi generalhowitzer!!

to poetlorraine thank you...

and to all: thank you for all the comments about the Philippines, bad or good, like other nations it has its own challenges and history of ups and down, independence and struggle. It is the only christian nation in South east asia because we have been colonized by the Spain for three hundred years and they have brought this religion, way back b4 colonization, our ancestors are pagans. But like  other nations, we continue to develop our inner strengths and abilities. It continues to search for its identity as a nation.

What we are now is of course a product of our history and like the rest of other nations we have our own struggles and continue to better ourselves. Filipinoes are known for being helpful in times of needs, caring, loving and love for simple life.

I have a great night discussing with our compatriots and with you, Im glad things we're okay at the end...

10. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

well said some people are so unkind to this poor lady, she was brain damaged at birth,, that is not her fault is it.

to generalhowitzer, hmm you have been following susan Boyle lately??well shes sweet, humble and a greta singing voice, that will not fade...

to poetlorraine: hi, oh was she brain damaged? didnt know that,,,,I like her and been following her also..

11. Cheeky Girl profile image67
    Cheeky Girlposted 14 years ago

I have visited the Philippines and I am very impressed. Despite a colorful history that most living there want to forget, Filipinos are hard working and are known all over the world. They are friendly and generous and decent. They have some of the nicest foods and nicest beaches and holiday spots anywhere. Living and holidaying there is so cheap and good value. Manila and Boracay and Cebu are recommended as are Bohol for the Chocolate Hills and many coast resorts. There's over 7,000 islands. Over 200 languages. $200 buys you a lot there! £200 buys you more. It's on my list of places I want to retire to when I am old enough. Plus I was well treated there and have all happy memories.

12. topgunjager profile image61

it would have been nice if the government wasn't so corrupt=)

13. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I agree with poetlorraine, some of the nicest and kindest people I have worked with have been from the Philippines.

14. prettydarkhorse profile image61

good day to all,

thanks cheekygirl..

I am not saying this just because I am a filipino,(living in US now) but I think my fellow countrymen are nice people, love to be happy, caring and are hardworking, but of course not all. Like any other country it has imperfections and continue to find solutions to the problems that it is encountering.

to topgunjagger: good day to you and I wish you could change some of your bad notions of your fellow countrymen, be part of the change if you want!

1. topgunjager profile image61
      topgunjagerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i am part of the change, that's why i don;t lie about my fellow filipinos when i talk about them=) you're right about one thing though, filipinos are loving people, "towards foreigners" not their own kind=) good day to you.

why is it that every other people I met, they say that Filipinoes are the nicest ones, but you think otherwise, i advise you to look deeper in to yourself, what is the root cause why youre thinking like that and start from there, maybe you really want to change for your ownself because you perceive that as the problem, or maybe you are frustrated because maybe some people you know are like that, majority of filipinos I know are good ones and loving, they are accomodating to foreigners because they are friendly people..

Hey prettydarkhorse, ignore him please. He is also a loving Filipino you know, so loving that he is now in a foreign country loving the 'foreigners' who live in that country and he hates his own kind. Yep, he is a loving filipino.

i know, just ignore me, i'm not talking about the two of you anyway, i'm talking about the bad ones=) we're cool.

When you say 99% that's not just 'talking about the bad ones' bro. And when you say that online, when other people are telling us how they think we are cool is sooooo not cool.

2. emievil profile image68

You're part of the change? Reaaalllyyyy???? Oh i see, you're change was to deny you're a Filipino, leave the country that you also denied and insult the ones you left online (and I bet offline too). If that's being 'part of the change', I'd rather not be part of it at all.

And didn't you say that everyone's a fake and hates the color of their skin, then that means you are also a fake and you hate the color of your skin. But oh I forgot, you're not a filipino anymore. tsk.

i'm not, i'm pilipino, you know, the people who wouldn;t change the name of their country because united states said so=) and if you're not one of the people i'm talking about, why are you so offended? peace sister=)

Just curious, How long have you been away from the country? Because you know they changed Pilipino to Filipino back in the 80's. Or didn't you catch that lesson from your school if you were still here in the Philippines at that time?

And by the way, you can't speak things like that here and not expect us to answer. Unlike you, we love our own kind. It's you who obviously does not so you're part of that 99% eh?

you're right, they did change it, because the ones that agreed has no pride about who they are, why would you change your country's name to impress another country? where's the pride in that?

Uhm if you want to wait, I can knock on Tita Cory's grave and ask her why they changed it??????

15. topgunjager profile image61

I'm not here to argue, I'm sorry if i offended you, can't we all just get along?smile

Can you promise that you will not lambast Filipinos here? I mean everybody is already saying they like us, and here you are doing your best to insult us? Tsk, tsk, tsk.

i don't really have to do anything to insult our fellow filipinos, they're embarassing enough as it is, but yeah, i'll stop, i don;t need another enemy, were cool right?smile

*sigh* you did it again, insult us. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you deliberately made that remark just to get into an argument with us. What, bored already with the forums? yikes

16. topgunjager profile image61

I'll stop talking about the majority of the philippines like that fom now on how's that?smile

If you want to 'unload' your feelings, write a hub about it. Then watch your comments soar because a lot of people will just tell you that you're wrong big_smile

i know, foreigners that filipinos adore and do anything for, it would be nice if filipinos are that nice towards their own kind=)

Uhm why not start being nice yourself? Then that's one Filipino (or Pilipino to you) who's being nice to their own kind smile.

17. prettydarkhorse profile image61

dont say anyhting at all if you have nothing good to say, but if otherwise you should not generalize and vent your negative feelings for a country which took care of you and if you keep on saying negative things which are unfounded about the country and its people, look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself, maybe its really time for me to change now..because in my looks am still a Filipino and I should be proud to be one,

ok ok, let it go, i apologize for my words, next time i'll keep to my self so other filipinos won't have anything to be embarrased about and go on with doing what their doing=)

i am nice, i've been nice to you guys right? i still respect you even if we don't get along, let's stick with the topic now yeah?smile

18. topgunjager profile image61

i love you guys=)

19. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 14 years ago

I got my ear pierced there back in the late sixties.  I was about 15 and my parents didn't know.  That is until it got infected and I almost lost an earlobe.  Ah...those were the days!

20. Miss Goody-Goody profile image62
    Miss Goody-Goodyposted 14 years ago

I have stayed in Manila for short time. I am impressed by the people there. They are so friendly, very hospitality. Men seem very respect women.
    But it's heavy social pressure country I think. Religion and social morals bound people so much.

21. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 14 years ago

I'm married to a Filipina. She's here on hubpages as userneme goodcook. Most Filipinos I have met are nice but I honestly think that other guy was talking about how the government treats its own people. They seem to have nothing while all the foreigners who bring in American dollars get to lay on white sand beaches and stay at beautiful resorts. But if you go into town and see how the goverment treats them its a shame. For the most part its not soooo bad but theres definitly more that could be done by the higher up corrupt poloiticians at the top to help the people out of their conditions. I've seen both ends there. The nice resorts and stayed in the slums with my wifes family. I treated it like I was camping with a few less luxuries.. I think the continual flooding and torrential rain has a big part in why the place never seems completly cleaned up. As far as the people themselves about 95% of them seem "super" friendly. Everyone treats me like a "superstar" when i go and I repay them with a six pack of San Miguel and give the kids rides on my new jeepney for a day at a waterslide resort. It can be great fun if you don't mind living without luxuries (like hot water showers)!

22. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 14 years ago

I met a  SEA game karate champion while there and transported his teams floor mats to a show in my jeep[ney.. could be same guy.. is he involved in the SEA games as the Philippine karate/ jiujitsiu coach.

23. borge_009 profile image72
    borge_009posted 14 years ago

Im from the Philippines and all I can say is that its really nice in here.  The people and its beautiful places.  Filipinos are good people in nature.  One thing I hate about Philippines is politics.  Our government officials seems not to care about the situations of its people.  All they are thinking is power, they only think of themselves.  But besides its corrupt government officials,  Filipinos are initiative and creative people.  They always have a solutions for their problems.

24. profile image0
    china manposted 14 years ago

I heard the Phillipine language the other day for the first time - it sounds SO cute.

25. prettydarkhorse profile image61

Philippines is a beautiful country, and yes I am a Fil-Am

26. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Take this from one indian, In my life i've lot of good experience with Philippines people than any other people in the world. One thing i like about them is they keep relationship without much expectations. I've some good pinoy friends online. smile

All true friendships should be "without much EXPECTATIONS"!

2. prettydarkhorse profile image61

thats good skyfire

27. jonathanacosta17 profile image59
    jonathanacosta17posted 14 years ago

filipinos are very hardy people. we can do almost any idiotic thing provided somebody ply us with enough gin. and we eat the most unusual things. *bagoong, balot and lukot*

others have mentioned the beauty of filipino women. they forgot to say that filipino men are devastatingly handsome as well.
    and very humble..

LOL< Filipino men hmmmm

I like balut

1. carlo_olano profile image61
        carlo_olanoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Better check out Cebu and you might find what you are looking for. wink

28. Dao Hoa profile image59
    Dao Hoaposted 14 years ago

"...others have mentioned the beauty of filipino women. they forgot to say that filipino men are devastatingly handsome as well.
    and very humble.."

Ahh! The men feel left out! :-)

1. borge_009 profile image72
      borge_009posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're absolutely right.  LOL. aren't they Maita?  hehe

29. mquee profile image68
    mqueeposted 13 years ago

I love vacationing in the Philippines, there is just so much to see and do. My wife is a filipina and has the biggest heart in the world, she wants to help any and everybody that needs it.

Over the years in traveling to the Philippines I have always stayed in the same hotel. I know the people there and they always look out for me. Great people!!

1. carlo_olano profile image61
      carlo_olanoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's great! I hope you will explore the other isalnds in your next visit

30. brianzen profile image61
    brianzenposted 13 years ago

Great country. Awesome food, nice people, cool festivals.

31. MsFran profile image60
    MsFranposted 13 years ago

I guess Philippines is like the rest of the world, there is good and bad.

Generally speaking I have never had any problems when visiting and love the country very much.

32. BanjDog profile image60
    BanjDogposted 13 years ago

Well as a traveler, I found Philippines as one of wonderful places for vacation. They've got lots of tourist spots and no one will say NO to the beautiful beaches. And of course, people are really nice and hospitable. smile

1. Ipeoney profile image69
      Ipeoneyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Philippines is a great place to retire. Especially in the islands, like Cebu, Leyte, Bohol. etc. You can buy very fresh fish direct from the small fishermen, but you have to go to the beach early in the morning to be able to buy their catch.

33. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

I can only speak of those I have met.
    A fabulously warm and hospitable people with a bad political system they do not deserve to have and rightfully do not  trust.

Well if you live there and you have enough money to live on, you wouldn't worry much about the govenrment, just be with people you love and who loves you and be safe.

earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that is the case in many countries.

I am more concerned for those who are poor and have little influence or power. smile

34. profile image0
    gpm55posted 13 years ago

I have spent quite a bit of time in Davao and Samal Island in the last year. I like Davao a lot for its laid back attitude. The people are friendly but are held back by the political system and the lack of jobs for everyone. Infrastructure could be improved, when it rained it always seemed like the place was flooded! Plenty of cheap accomodation available though.
    I stayed at a few places on Samal and as long as the weather is kind I found it very relaxing. I will go back again.

There is the summer capital of the Philippines which is Bagiuo city. Weather is cool up there little bit like hawaii, except that it's located in the highland are. I prefer to live in an Island facing the Pacific ocean.

35. Maria Cecilia profile image84
    Maria Ceciliaposted 13 years ago

I am another filipina here in hubpages and working in a government. though I don't consider myself a 100% nationalistic, I guess I belonged to the 1% of the population who never dreamed of the living in another country, not that I am against them, maybe it's because I still have hope for our country.  Anyway I love my country and I agree that we have many beautiful people here, everybody can be very good especially if treated well and given the chance.... on the  other hand I also admire beautiful people in other countries. Thanks to all who said beautiful things about our country and US. and to fellow filipino who seemed to dislike fellow filipinos, I understand you, but sometimes things like those are not good to discuss especially if being read by people in different nationalities, anyway this is almost a public forum so maybe you have the right. generally it's not always right to talk bad about something or someone. But peace I mean no harm here, let's all get along and support each others hub

36. profile image0
    Rookie70posted 13 years ago

The only thing I do know is that the women who are from there make some awesome porn movies, that's a fact.

1. blackhatworld profile image60
      blackhatworldposted 13 years agoin reply to this

@Rookie70 why does your filth have to come into this. 

I live here in the Philippines.  I am a Canadian.  I have a small company here and we do Search Engine Optimization and we build website with Wordpress...specializing in Auto Blogs.

The culture here is diversified.   Many dialects in their language.  One thing about Pinoys is that 99% of them are afraid of ghosts.  They are very superstitious (sp).  The girls are very jealous and they believe that jealously is love!  Many prefer the Quack doctor to a regular doctor.  And they believe in witches!

Now this may not all be true but I guarantee you that it is very close to the truth.

My workers are different than workers from the US.  They are not fixated on showing up to work on time.  I understand that because they cannot predict the transportation they are using.

The educational system here is kind of a joke.  I won't go into details.  One thing I have noticed in my workers is lack of desire.  They work their 8 hours and they are gong.  They do not take anything home with them to study unless I push it on them.  Why?  For many Filipinos they will never make good money.  The government takes 36% off their wages.  The most typical way a person gets ahead is by their family connections high on nepotism.

Pinoys are generally friendly and responsible.  However, they will tell you they want the job and never return the next day. They just hate saying no.  Pinoys hate confrontation.  They call it saving face.

I could tell you many more stories about Pinoys.  I have lived here now going on 4 years.  I have a sweet girlfriend who is very good to me.  I will never go back to Canada.

I love it here even with the pollution, corruption, brownouts and poor infrastructure.

Frank

1. profile image0
        Rookie70posted 13 years agoin reply to this

83blackhatworld, I only told you what I know, and out of all honesty, it is nevertheless true. That is what the women there are known for here in America. You may not like it, but it is the truth. Sorry if the truth hurts, but I am not going to disclude that info. Some other comments were about how women from the Philipeans are hotter than Asian women, and that I just elaborated on it. They are indeed hot, but in my opinion, Asian women are hotter than they are.

1. Maria Cecilia profile image84
          Maria Ceciliaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sad about the only info that you had about filipino women. I just wish someday that will change..

1. profile image0
            Rookie70posted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's just your opinion that it's sad. I could care less about the Philippines and women from there. Who cares? That's why I'm glad I have the 1st Amendment, and this website itself is a democratic entity, and I have every right to openly state my views on anything, anyone, and at any time, whether you Republicans like it or not.

37. Ben Evans profile image64
    Ben Evansposted 13 years ago

For the most part, I don't think many people are really familiar with the Philippines.  It is pretty far from the news and not a lot is written.  I have literally talked about Manila and people don't know where it is.  Yet it is the 11th largest metropolitan area in the world.

The unfortunate part is the Philippines has a lot of ties with the rest of the world yet there is general lack of knowledge on the part of people outside the country.

The Philippines is not a homogeneous country it is very much like the US in that there are many different people living together in a culturally diverse country.

People are very kind and polite in the Philippines.  There are actually many different indigenous people in the Philippines.  There are also people from Spain, Korea, China, and many other Asian and European countries who have settled there.  The US also has a strong presence there.

I feel bad sometimes when I see the street people in Manila or the people working the sugar fields in the Bacolod area.

Since I have been to the Philippines many times, I see many people trying to live a good life.  When we look at some of the stereotypical ideas many people have of the Philippines, most represent the fringe of the population.

The true beauty will be found in places like Bulacan, or a public market in one of many cities.  This is where you see the average person in the Philippines.  If a person goes to a place like Forbes Park in Makati or in the malls or clubs, the wont see the average person and their view will be skewed.

The Philippines is a beautiful country and there are many kind good people there. 

The view of the Philippines for most is non-existent.  Many others often see the fringe there. 

I see most people as good there.

38. fujoshicat profile image61
    fujoshicatposted 13 years ago

The Filipinos I've met here in the U.S. have all been nice people.

I love ube cake, which originated in the Philippines. It's made from the purple yam known as "ube." You can get it at Filipino bakeries.

Yes Ube cake is good, the real Ube. Some people just ut food coloring.

Have anyone tasted Coconut Wine?

39. CMCastro profile image71
    CMCastroposted 13 years ago

It is the Most Wonderful set of Islands that God ever placed on the globe called Earth. I am strong about this since half of my genetics is Filipino!

40. MichelleArakaki profile image60
    MichelleArakakiposted 13 years ago

Filipinos are nice and polite.

41. twobmad profile image60
    twobmadposted 13 years ago

I love Philippines and enjoy living in it. One thing I dont like is the Traffic. Terribly makes me sick some times along the EDSA.

42. borjastick profile image60
    borjastickposted 13 years ago

Well reading all these posts is very interesting. I am a foreignor living in the Philippines. I have been here nearly two years, am happily married to a filipina and we have built a fab house overlooking the sea. All sounds great doesn't it? No, actually I hate living here and am planning to return to Europe for all sorts of reasons. I don't want to offend my Philippine friends here but you are the architect of your own misery.

Everyone blames the government, corruption among officials etc etc but really they all want someone else to solve their own problems. The reason for this is in my opinion simple. The education system here is crap. Kids leave school with barely any skills. Nice handwriting and little else. Try going into a store and buying something for say 35 pesos. You tender a 50 peso note and guess what, the server will use a calculator to work it out!! What is worse is that ten minutes later with the same situation that server will do exactly the same.

Finally before some good points some more bad stuff. The Philippine economy is almost entirely based on overseas money. Tourism = overseas money. Overseas filipino workers = overseas money. Immigrants like me who account for billions of pesos coming into the economy every year = overseas money. Yet they treat foreignors, who live here like targets, from which to extract money. We are given no rights at all and no thanks for spending our dosh here. I will sell and move back to a civilised and educated intelligent society asap.

Having said all that the place is beautiful, the women are wonderful and it is fairly cheap to live here. C'est la vie...

43. Lita C. Malicdem profile image60
    Lita C. Malicdemposted 13 years ago

I'm a Filipina and by my works here at HP and my other blogs, I guess I carry and promote the good name of my country, the Philippines. Cheers!

44. cambodiamagazine profile image60
    cambodiamagazineposted 13 years ago

Their people can speak English very well.

45. Extinct Soul profile image60
    Extinct Soulposted 13 years ago

smile nice reviews...I haven't seen comments from the discriminators here lol

46. monk3ybidzness profile image61
    monk3ybidznessposted 13 years ago

I like reading replies from non-Filipinos, thank you for liking our country.

1. webgain profile image61
      webgainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like to make Philippine friends. They are good to talk and manner-full

47. Thelma Alberts profile image90
    Thelma Albertsposted 13 years ago

It is very interesting to read all these comments (bad or good) about the Philippines and the Filipinos. I am a Filipina living in Germany for almost 30 years. Although I live in Germany longer than the Philippines,I still am very connected to my home country. I am proud to be a Filipina! We are friendly and hard working people. We make the best of everything, come what may.
    There is bad and good in every country and its people. For me, I am trying to practise the good things and the good habits of both countries I am in...

48. NappyMuse profile image60
    NappyMuseposted 13 years ago

I am secretly in love with a Filipino. I wonder if he likes black women.

49. Stigma31 profile image60
    Stigma31posted 13 years ago

I have met several Filipino's and found they are a very friendly and accepting people. I have just recently fallen completely in love with one and plan to marry her in the near future. The only thing I have really notice as a bad trait is that they seem to be very critical of each other. Other than that very amazing people as a whole.

50. Prisana profile image80
    Prisanaposted 12 years ago

I've traveled to far flung places around the world, but the Philippines was an experience like none other. It was a land of contradictions; where the poorest people were often times the most generous. Where although there are over 7,000 islands, many of the Filipinos I met, did not know how to swim. Where paradise and poverty blended and overlapped, in a dazzling and somewhat disconcerting manner. It was a country full of promise and yet under the suffering "crescent moon of Mindanao", true peace and prosperity lies unfulfilled.

I was greatly touched by the numerous stories that were shared with me by Filipinos from all over the Philippines. Their openness and generosity of spirit melted my heart. I hope one day to return and to bring back what I promised.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)