jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is your favorite and least favorite city in the world?

1. amsmoving profile image57
    amsmovingposted 7 years ago

What is your favorite and least favorite city in the world?

2. Gordon Hamilton profile image96
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 7 years ago

Naturally, I can only comment on those I have personally visited. To do otherwise would obviously be inappropriate.

Favourite is fairly easy: Edinburgh, UK, narrowly beats Munich, Germany. The two cities are incredibly beautiful and atmospheric but Edinburgh just sneaks it for its truly incomparable ambience.

Least favourite of those I have visited is a toss up between Brussels, Belgium and Budjevice, Czech Republic. Found Brussels to be filthy and Budjevice to be what anyone from the West would earmark as a drab, Communist era stereotype. In the latter instance, this is a shame, as most of the other cities in the Czech Republic are truly beautiful.

3. amsmoving profile image57
    amsmovingposted 7 years ago

Thank you for your opinion Gordon Hamilton, I decided to ask this question because I am in the process of planning a vacation to a place outside of the United States but I don't quite know where to go, as this will be my first time out of the country.... so thank you for posing a very interesting chose to consider, hopefully other people with help me out in my decision as to were to go...

4. Fullerman5000 profile image62
    Fullerman5000posted 7 years ago

I love New Orleans. It's history, culture, food and the saints make this place a one of a kind city. I would never want to live there, but i love to visit every chance i get. I hate Houston. Its traffic sucks. Its to overwhelming. Other cities i love are Philly, NYC, Washington D.C., Cleveland,and Atlanta

5. lilian_sg profile image75
    lilian_sgposted 7 years ago

Some of my favourites are listed here. http://hubpages.com/hub/Top-5-Favourite … avelled-To
    Seoul has become a recent fav too! http://hubpages.com/hub/Seoul-SouthKorea

As for least fav, probably Shenzhen China. The last time I was there it was very polluted. But it was a long long time ago so it may have changed a lot.

working