jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are the best beaches in Turkey?

1. timmartin profile image
    timmartinposted 7 years ago

What are the best beaches in Turkey?

2. Syra Mhbed profile image85
    Syra Mhbedposted 7 years ago

Antalya deffinetely. I heard it's the best. But to be honest, I've never been there.
    Hope that helps

3. Ari Lamstein profile image81
    Ari Lamsteinposted 7 years ago

I heard that Olimpos Beach in Antalya Turkey is really nice.

4. cascoly profile image60
    cascolyposted 7 years ago

The Olympos beach is nice, touhg it can be crowded as it's a backpacker favorite, and the Pharsalis beach is nearby;  Kusadasi has a nice beach and reasonably priced hotels right on the shore.

taking a gulet ride  let's you get to the many beaches that have no other access. 

the Black Sea beaches, esp'ly east of Trabzond are usually onlt visited by Turkish vacationers, and not very crowded

i've got several hubs that discuss indepedent travel in Turkey and  can help you decide on an itinerary if you need assistance [we've been to Turkey 7 times]

steve

5. profile image56
    ZSatilmisposted 6 years ago

I worked as a tour guide in Turkey for a number of years and my wife and I have seen most of its beaches. The Patara Beach is undoubtedly our most favourite beach. It is located nearby the ancient site of Patara and is generally more quite compared to the other popular beaches in Turkey. This sandy beach is the longest one in Turkey and the widest one in the northern Mediterranean. It is the breeding ground of the endangered loggerhead turtle (caretta caretta) and a part of a national park, so it has managed the dodge the overdevelopment that other Turkish beaches have seen over the last decades.

working