jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Write a Hub about your experiences in immigrating to a new country.

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Write a Hub about your experiences in immigrating to a new country.

2. profile image0
    eternaltreasuresposted 7 years ago

if I write about my experiences in immigrating to a new country it would probably take a number of hubs....in the future once I have time, I may do it.

3. Successful Living profile image83
    Successful Livingposted 7 years ago

That's a very hard question to answer in this space!  The immigration process is a very complicated one.  I moved to the Czech Republic about 4 years ago, the first of my family to return to live here after my great grandfather emigrated to the US. 

Immigration involves adapting to a new place on all levels--from learning how the society runs and how to act within those bounds, to learning a new language and customs and developing relationships with the locals. 

This topic would definitely make a great hub!

4. Gypsy Willow profile image81
    Gypsy Willowposted 7 years ago

I wrote the hub "America here we come" a while ago. Check it out!

5. Petra Vlah profile image60
    Petra Vlahposted 7 years ago

I wrote a few hubs about my American experience; actually the second part of my book "Disposable people" is all about the life of an immigrant in the Promised Land.
    Has it been a good experience? Plenty of disappointments for sure, but also plenty of lessons learned. My hub "The great America I could not see" is about the very first impressions I had upon arrival and my hub "Unfit to be an American" is the culmination of my outrage caused by the illusive dream of a so called "democracy"