jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think that asserting your right to privacy is in itself a suspicion that

1. ptosis profile image73
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

Do you think that asserting your right to privacy is in itself a suspicion that is grounds for a

strip search? Would you rather have a EED - a butt bomb sniffer dog behind a wall with a glory hole instead? Wouldn't  that be a better way to finding body cavity bomb?

2. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

If I am wanting to travel by air I should be willing to comply with regulations to board and take my seat.
    I would board totally naked and submit to whatever search is asked by government and airlines officials if I wanted to go.
    Some people just like to nit pick at inconveniences but I'm not one of them, but obviously you are.
    If you refuse to submit, that's your choice, but the system is what it is. As the saying goes. "Either shit or get off the pot. The choice is yours."
    By the way as a personal point I do not like people who choose to nit pick and react the way you are. People like you make life more difficult for others, over nothing.
    If the FAA and the various airlines feel that this sort of measure is necessary to protect us from terrorists, which maybe you might be one, then they have my vote to institute any measures they deem necessary to make things as safe as possible and if you are infact some terrorist, and you turned back because of the search, then I'm glad.

3. Tyk profile image56
    Tykposted 7 years ago

No. Being private is your right. It is just as valuable as your right to breathe and eat. Honestly if they are so worried about a bomb or a weapon on the planes they should just resort to technology. You could use bomb sniffing dogs, but what if they are only carrying other weapons. In my opinion it would be better to use the technology we have. Believe it or not our government has scanners that can x ray your body and re create a 3-d image of you. They then analyze it to see if there is anything strange or out of place. They currently use these at major airports. Despite how much I hate my privacy being violated. I do realize that such technology is useful in detecting threats.

4. ptosis profile image73
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4108937_f260.jpg

Asserting your constitutional right to remain silent cannot be used as grounds for reasonable suspicion or grounds for arrest.

BTW Dave Matthews: You're acting like a forum troll with your purely personal considerations (argumentum ad hominem).

Even if totally naked upon boarding the plane - that doesn't preclude a cavity bomb that M5 warned about. The New Republic reported that, "The upside is that much of the blast from such a rear-end bomb would be absorbed by the terrorist's body."

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl … y_tsa.html

Closed to reply

working