Any advice for a winter road trip? Important things to bring, things to watch ou

1. L a d y f a c e profile image79
    L a d y f a c eposted 7 years ago

Any advice for a winter road trip? Important things to bring, things to watch out for....

Going on a road trip in two weeks, driving half way across the country. I've done some research and have some ideas, but looking for experience. What should you bring? What are some things to watch out for? What should you know before embarking on such a winter wonder drive?

2. Happyboomernurse profile image86
    Happyboomernurseposted 7 years ago

I would check out the hubs written by Stephanie Henkel and Alternative Prime.
    Stephanie is an expert on traveling by RV, but also has many tips on low cost travel, places to visit and stay.
    Alternative Prime writes great hubs about travel on the West Coast.

3. kiwi91 profile image80
    kiwi91posted 7 years ago

I've never done a winter road trip, but I've always wanted to. You'll have to have the right vehicle if you're headed to certain parts of the country in the winter. For example, many parts of I-70 and I-90 close during bad weather. The Rockies can get particularly bad. Snow tires are a must for these parts!

In terms of things to bring, I'd pack plenty of dry food, water, and a small suitcase. Doing your laundry often is sometimes easier than carrying extra weight in your suitcase.
    You can also check out my hub on things to bring on a road trip:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/things-to-bring-on-a-road-trip

working