jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

do you ever go to cold places for a vacation?

1. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

do you ever go to cold places for a vacation?

many people go to hot sunny destinations but how many on here go to cold snowy places?

2. The Suburban Poet profile image82
    The Suburban Poetposted 7 years ago

I love to snow ski... it's my favorite past-time. As cool as it is to hang at the beach it doesn't compare to the exhilaration of flying down a mountain and then drinking a cold beer at the base of the mountain with all your endorphins popping...

Winter wonder land!!!

3. TahoeDoc profile image96
    TahoeDocposted 7 years ago

I live in Lake Tahoe, CA and thus, do mostly "stay-cations", although head to San Diego once or twice a year too. Actually, headed out to Heavenly to ski right now for all the reasons Suburban Poet noted smile Seeing how many people are in town right now, I'd say a lot of people headed here for at least a long weekend if not a vacation. Of course, it is 50 degrees!! Spring skiing in the middle of winter- LOVE IT!

4. profile image45
    CountJothulaposted 7 years ago

I have a family estate in west Michigan. I live in Phoenix Arizona, and the estate is on a private lake, I vacation here for brief periods some winters for the solitude and to get a break from the city, and I love seeing the snow around the holidays.

5. pro milli profile image58
    pro milliposted 7 years ago

Ya, Chicago, Illionois for my bday vacation. I can't say it's the coldest place I've ever been..but so right for naming it the windy city. The wind by itself kept me in a huge coat, 3 shirts, a scarf, gloves, and a big hat! It was crazy, and I am the type of person that prefers cold weather over hot weather. That experience was almost unbearable though.

6. freecampingaussie profile image63
    freecampingaussieposted 7 years ago

When back in Wales we toured around Wales/ England with a caravan while my husband was working & we spent winter in the caravan in London then Cornwall in the snow!
    My brother & wife were there as well & one night when I went out for the toilet I was surprised by a snowball !
    The kids thought it was fun watching a late night adult snow fight!
    Winter has a special beauty like when you have spring & Autumn.
    In WA it is mainly all hot  & dry so we want to go somewhere for the 4 seasons !

7. Brian Kopp profile image56
    Brian Koppposted 7 years ago

Yes, Colorado is the place to be in my opinion, very cold, great skiing, however I do have to get used to the elevation.  After a few days I can breathe again :-)

8. TopManagement profile image35
    TopManagementposted 7 years ago

Different people have different choice  some people like to cold place and some is like hot places but dear cold places is very fantastic and attractive according to me and view is very great ....

9. charleigh345 profile image58
    charleigh345posted 7 years ago

Being from a founding family of Lincoln County, N.M. I now live in Tx. but miss the snow at this time of year, so going back for a visit, helps keep me grounded so to speak.

I love to see and feel the snow. Not much of a skier, but have on occasion, when a friend wanted to. For the most part?..Going back to where I grew up, I love the smell of the Evergreens and Pines, as well as the fresh cold air, so when it comes time to go back to Tx. I know I am going to miss home, but I always know I can come back. Of course, I will go back!...

10. tinaweha profile image66
    tinawehaposted 7 years ago

When I was younger I went to Sun Valley, Mammoth, Tahoe, Vail, Snowmass, Bend Oregon, Whistler...etc for skiing.

Now I have too many metal plates in my neck and I'm too old to ski, but I would go to Switzerland or Germany in the snow.  That would be fabulous.

11. whaturmissing profile image83
    whaturmissingposted 6 years ago

Last January we took our camper and went to Bralorne, BC.  The drive there was incredible as though you are driving the journey to the end of the world.  When we arrived the place that was open was the local pub.  Instead of vehicles, the front of the pub was packed with snowmobiles.  Yes, ti was cold!