jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Vacations: Guided tours to see the tourist sights or lay around the pool/beach/

1. gypsumgirl profile image86
    gypsumgirlposted 7 years ago

Vacations:  Guided tours to see the tourist sights or lay around the pool/beach/spa all day?

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image94
    mistyhorizon2003posted 7 years ago

A bit of both is my vote. I love to absorb the history and culture of a new location, but at the same time I really enjoy getting my normally anaemically pale body a slightly more healthy pale golden brown. I also enjoy a good swim in the pool, so I reckon a good mixture makes for the best holiday experience.

3. woemsie profile image60
    woemsieposted 7 years ago

I simply love the sun and a pool or beach.  I like being lazy in this way especially if I am at a warm, coastal holiday destination

4. zippot profile image60
    zippotposted 7 years ago

i agree with misty a bit of both chill and relax but got to see the sights

5. iZeko profile image96
    iZekoposted 7 years ago

I love exploring places but I don't like guided tours. I plan them myself. And I usually get bored if I just lie on the beach for more than an hour.

6. lilian_sg profile image74
    lilian_sgposted 7 years ago

it depends. If I feel doing a guided tour is going to save a lot of time and hassle, I will go for it.

I'm not the type to laze at the pool/beach but occassionally I will do it, like during my trip to Langkawi a while back!

7. Rastamermaid profile image71
    Rastamermaidposted 7 years ago

Abit of both,I like to get out and see the culture of where I'm visiting.Some guided tours also like to research before I go,check out tour companies and taxi's,grab one and ask about the sites I've researched and roll out.

I like local cabbies always want to tell you and show you the sites tourist want to see,but if you ask they'll take you to see what you will not see in tour mags.

8. sikarwar-rajiv profile image58
    sikarwar-rajivposted 7 years ago

Traveling through Rajasthan is a rewarding experience as you would discover to your own surprise.  It is dotted with magnificent palaces, regal forts, beautiful temples, etc.   One is spoilt for choice while visiting Rajasthan. The saga of Rajasthan is narrated in its fabulous palaces and forts. Every fort has a unique tale to narrate   like the fort of Chittorgarh which epitomizes the bravery of the Rajputs and had been the scene of epic battles.  It is one of the biggest forts in India with magnificent architecture and heritage.  The Amber fort is a must visit as it is an epochal achievement of Rajput architecture. Situated on a hill, the fort is a majestic sight. The tourists love the excitement of an elephant ride up the fort. From the ramparts of the fort, you will love the panoramic view of the Jaipur city