how can I get relieved of a time share

1. profile image48
    Maureen63posted 7 years ago

how can I get relieved of a time share

I have a timeshare  & want to get rid of it. I am 63 & can not afford it. My son is on contract with me & he is legally blind. Also his fiance at the time is on it & things are not on good terms with her. How can I just have them take it back

2. itsameanoldscene profile image61
    itsameanoldsceneposted 7 years ago

A friend of mine was in a similar predicament, all he did was refuse to pay the annual maintenance/management charge & after a few letters back & forth they took it back. there are companies out there who will sell it for you but not at the going rate, but try stay away from the companies who ask for an upfront fee, although doing it this way it could take a while for them to sell it & you will still have to pay your annual fee.

Hope that helps, please get in touch if you need any further info & I will try find out for you if & when I get chance.

3. P T S profile image60
    P T Sposted 7 years ago

Hello Maureen, I see you are new to HubPages... So are we. Your question popped up in the "related questions" area of our HubPage and since you are asking a question about exactly what we do I thought I'd chime in.

The advice by "itsameanoldscene" is right on. Timeshare's are hard to sell and they are very legally binding as you mentioned. We are in the business of getting people out of their timeshare contracts so if you'd like a free consultation visit http://www.professionaltimeshareservices.com and fill out the online form.

working