jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How should you have saved when moving out of town?

1. Ashley924 profile image57
    Ashley924posted 6 years ago

How should you have saved when moving out of town?

Single, no kids, college girl.I need help with tips on how to save also!

2. Yassop profile image77
    Yassopposted 6 years ago

I dunno but when I try to save, it's usually me "saving up for something" kind of thing. You know what I mean? When I have something to aim for, my will power takes over and I will save up whatever amount I need to get it. Just will power I guess?

If you're talking about saving up in the long run then I have no idea, maybe save up in a bank or something and don't make an ATM card so you won't have the convenience of easy withdrawals lol.

3. Roger Rabbit profile image59
    Roger Rabbitposted 6 years ago

No more new clothes for you ! Just kidding, it would be a bit presumptuous of me to say that in honesty.

Just use your money only on things that you deem a necessity. If you can, get the cheapest possible deal on things that you use daily. (shoprite brand, etc)

4. KayMarie profile image62
    KayMarieposted 6 years ago

Budget! Keep a record of all your spending: bills (phone, car, insurance, etc.), necessities (food, gas) non-necessities (clothing, dining out, movies, etc.); and your income. When you have it all down in writing you'll be surprised how much money you spend on the non-necessities like eating out, shopping, small day to day purchases.

Decide how much you want to save and how much you'll need to put aside each month to reach your goal in a designated time period.  It's a good idea to open a separate savings account and deposit a portion of each paycheck that will be set aside for your moving out money. It's also helpful to decide how much you'll allow yourself to spend each week on the non-necessities and do your best to stick to it. Good Luck!