Advices/Tips on moving out of the city?

1. Hunbbel Meer profile image87
    Hunbbel Meerposted 6 years ago

Advices/Tips on moving out of the city?

I am planning to move out off my city and start a career/job in a different side of my country. What tips do you people offer?

You may like to share your experience, it'll help me. Please spare some advices, be generous.

2. Dreamers Pen profile image57
    Dreamers Penposted 6 years ago

I recommend applying to jobs before moving and quitting your current job.  Some places are okay with doing phone interviews, so you might not have to travel to do the interviews.  Figure out where you want to move to and look for an apartment or home.  One thing is to consider is the unemployment rate and the cost of living for the area.  You don't want to move into an area that would cost too much to live even if you make a decent amount of money at your new job.  Check out the neighborhoods that you are thinking of moving into, research the crime rate and property tax.

Another thing is if you are having mover's helping you, make sure anything meaningful that you don't want lost or broken move with you.  We have had movers ruin my mom's wedding dress and broke stuff that was my grandmother's.  Also make sure money and even your purse is never out of your sight, we have had issues with movers stealing.  If you don't want your drawers to your dresser packed make sure the movers and the agent you talk to understand this.

working