jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the best way to mail a ziplock bag of can tabs?

1. ArtAsLife profile image60
    ArtAsLifeposted 6 years ago

What is the best way to mail a ziplock bag of can tabs?

Im sending in monster energy drink can tabs for an exchange situation, though ive never mailed anything besides a letter. Should I box it up? Or just dump them into an envelope?

2. Simone Smith profile image93
    Simone Smithposted 6 years ago

You might consider purchasing a pre-paid US Postal Service envelope or box from your local postal office- the convenient thing about them is that they would fit a simple thing like this, and you don't have to pay for the weight or worry about getting the right stamps.

3. samsons1 profile image76
    samsons1posted 6 years ago

Yes, you should box them up, or place them in a Tyvek envelope provided by the USPS.  I'm retired from the Postal Service and remember the days when someone would try to send 'keys', 'bottle caps' etc. inside envelopes and just throw it in with the regular mail.  Then the fun begins when the envelopes go through the machines and the insides go in all directions plus the machines get all messed up and it's impossible to re-place contents with ripped open envelopes.  When the contents don't get to their proper destination, people want to blame the Post Office...

4. cre8ivOne profile image76
    cre8ivOneposted 6 years ago

I would think a padded envelope would work but a small box would protect the tabs from being bent or caught in any stamp machines.  The Post Office is great about their flat rate shipping, I would check it out.