jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

A student looking to travel to England...

1. jessyferari1 profile image59
    jessyferari1posted 6 years ago

A student looking to travel to England...

Any ideas of cheap/affordable ways to travel to London, if you know any hotels you think might be best to stay while there, that will be great too. Flights info, and things like that help!

2. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 6 years ago

I have no specific ideas other than to say that often it's much cheaper to stay in hostels than hotels. You could perform a google swarch and see what options are available. If you're trying for a while I'd go with a hostel option because it's save you lots of money. It might be a good idea to look at reviews for various places to ensure that it's good quality accommodation.

3. ValL profile image60
    ValLposted 6 years ago

You should check out hostelworld.com and search for UK. There are tons of hostels in London, you really shouldn't have a problem. It is possible to enjoy London on a budget, if you're careful.

4. worldtravelexpert profile image78
    worldtravelexpertposted 5 years ago

There are cheap ways to see and enjoy London. As the others have said, hostels are a cheap way to rest your head at night and getting a travelcard at a newsagents or tube station on your arrival should help you get around cheaply. Take the tube and bus everywhere but also be aware that in central London a lot of the places look far apart on the tube but lots are actually walking distance from each other. Ask the locals for advice on this (contrary to popular belief us Londoners aren't all rude!) Go to theatres in the West End on the night and ask if there are leftover tickets - usually much cheaper than booking in advance. Take advantage of all the free museums (particularly the Natural History Museum, which is great)... Wow, I didn't realise that I'd worked out so many ways to enjoy London cheaply! Hope you enjoy your trip over here.

working