jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

What's your advice to travel to London?

1. DDE profile image26
    DDEposted 3 months ago

What's your advice to travel to London?

Any tips or ideas about traveling to London during November and December period?

2. shanmarie profile image79
    shanmarieposted 3 months ago

It's been awhile since I have been  there.  It was 2003, in fact, but the best piece of advice I was given was to purchase a ticket pack for the subway. It is cheaper than paying for each ride one at a time. And that's the most efficient way to get around the city.

Oh,  and I  learned the hard way to alert your bank to travel over seas. There was an ATM withdraw limit and a limit on how much off my card I could  use in a day. It posed a problem  trying to check out of a hotel. So I  didn't want to carry all my money around as cash in case it got stolen, but I  had to start getting what I needed for the day in the morning.

I was there in January, but these tips should still apply.

1. DDE profile image26
      DDEposted 3 months agoin reply to this

shanmarie thank you. I will visit in November, and excited!

3. annart profile image86
    annartposted 3 months ago

Try the 'London Pass' or the 'London Tracker Ticket'; either way you get discounts on travel and site entrance fees.
    November and December are relatively easy as far as crowds are concerned, although the nearer you get to Christmas, the more crowded places will become, especially Oxford Street and any markets.
    If you get there, I hope you have a great time Devika!
    Ann

1. DDE profile image26

Hi Ann, our trip to Surrey, a place called Woking  going for seven days. Thank you

2. annart profile image86
      annartposted 3 months agoin reply to this

I know Woking; a little way out of London but easy for a day trip.  Hope you have a great time!

4. Rebecca Huo profile image71
    Rebecca Huoposted 3 months ago

I live in England and I have been to London area many times. But if you are visiting in November and December, the weather probably won't be the best. First it would be freezing and the chances are it will be raining, so always bring an umbrella with you and wear lots, but then it's around Christmas and you will easily get into the festival mood, so the weather won't ruin everything.
    And also, plan you trip ahead and book everything ahead. It would actually be a great deal cheaper and the earlier you book it, the cheaper it is. This applies to train or any types of transportation tickets and restaurants if you have decided to go to one. And look for offers online because everything in UK is pretty expensive.

1. annart profile image86
      annartposted 3 months agoin reply to this

This is great advice regarding booking early.

2. DDE profile image26

Rebecca Huo thank you for the helpful answer.

working