jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How far have you ever traveled and how did you benefit from that travel?

1. Seafarer Mama profile image88
    Seafarer Mamaposted 6 years ago

How far have you ever traveled and how did you benefit from that travel?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

I spent a month in Germany as an exchange student in 1987. At the time the country was still divided into "East" and "West" portions and after one day trip into the Communist-ruled "Eastern" side, I realized how good we had it in the good ol' U.S. of A.! 
    ...I also learned that German beer is far better than American beers. smile

3. Catzgendron profile image72
    Catzgendronposted 6 years ago

My daughter and I went on a cruise and stayed over night in New Orleans on Bourbon Street.  We were privilaged to see it in all it's glory pre Katrina.  My daughter and I were particulary touched when the devastation hit because we know what they lost and we know what they went through to rebuild.

4. vicki simms profile image74
    vicki simmsposted 6 years ago

I travelled from the UK to Hawaii which took me about 26 hours including the stops. It was such a long journey and at the time I was thinking what the hell am I doing (I hate long distances) but as soon as I got there I remembered why I was doing it as it was such an amazing place to visit and one trip that I will never forget.

5. primarkonlineshop profile image34
    primarkonlineshopposted 6 years ago

Just got back from 5 weeks in SE Asia. I was a pretty uptights person prior to this, but traveling alone made me "untangle" myself and open up. Didnt like Thailand that much, because its scam filled, but otherwise it was a great experience.

working