What tire pressure would you suggest for a 35 foot rear engine motorhome?

1. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

What tire pressure would you suggest for a 35 foot rear engine motorhome?

Tires are Michelin ZX 255/80-22.5, and it has an 8.3L cummins behind the rear axle.  Single axle, dual rear tires.  No indication of total weight, but it is a 1986 and probably rather heavy by todays standards.  Class A, luxury model for the time.

2. Kent Clarke profile image59
    Kent Clarkeposted 5 years ago

Hey, Custom Accessores 73375 Digital Tire Gauge. Quick, simple and accurate. Can be used for your motorhome. 2-100 PSI. You can check it out by the guys over at mAuto Store. http://www.mautostore.com/Tire-Accessor … 4905935011

3. Don Bobbitt profile image94
    Don Bobbittposted 5 years ago

My first suggestion is to look for that label that is stuck somewhere on the wall of the interior of your RV.
    The manufacture is and was required to place a label that listed the vehicles Empty and full weights and the tire pressures for the front and rear tires.
    The trick is, everyone should have their RV weighed occasionally, so that they know how to adjust the tire pressures to compensate for the actual full vehicle weight distribution
    Second, I would check my owners manual which should list the recommended tire pressures.
    Third, if the manufacturer is still in business, contact their customer service department. Look it up on the web.
    Finally, when all else fails, call the tire manufacturer and ask them what they suggest for the specific tires when used on a motorhome.
    Good Luck.