jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you find the best places to eat in a city?

1. Thrifty Lady profile image92
    Thrifty Ladyposted 5 years ago

How do you find the best places to eat in a city?

2. gts68 profile image74
    gts68posted 5 years ago

I am vegan so I use HappyCow.net. Very extensive online restaurant guide to vegetarian and vegan restaurants throughout the world.

3. lex123 profile image71
    lex123posted 5 years ago

Before going we will find out the best places to eat in that city through internet and also check out when we reach there. If some friend has given some reference we will see that also.

4. bankscottage profile image94
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

I use TripAdvisor for restaurants and places to visit when I travel.  Zagat and Urbanspoon are also helpful for some cities.  All three of these are available as apps.  Often there are free apps for individual cities such as DC that are also useful.

5. ladeda profile image61
    ladedaposted 5 years ago

I always do a little internet research before traveling somewhere, but I prefer to ask a local about the best places to eat. It's a great way to find fantastic places that you may not find when searching online.

6. alliemacb profile image94
    alliemacbposted 5 years ago

Internet is a great resource.  I use TripAdvisor.  Hotel concierges are also a great source of information.  Invariably the best places to eat are those which are frequented by locals rather than tourists so they're the ones I tend to go for.