What City have you visited that has the best food?

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (41 posts)
  1. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 14 years ago

I think the best food I have had was in Montreal Canada.

They had this awesome Chinese place that had some kind of breakfast sandwich for like 50 cents. It was the best sandwich I ever had, so I had 3 of them!

Another great place there was the Bistro. A multilevel street cafe, where they cook everything in front of you. You go down the line and select what you want and they cook it. And, it was all you can eat! For only like $9.00

I also went to La Ronde amusement park while I was there, and they had the biggest McDonalds I have ever seen, and the fastest service I have ever seen at a McDonalds in my life!

Another great place to eat is in Niagra Falls. They had some great food there. We ate in the revolving cafe in the Skylon Tower. The food was really good, and the view of the falls from up there was amazing. Too bad it's so expensive. But we went when the Candian dollar was only worth 35 cents. So, for every american dollar you had, you got 3 canadian.

Another place that can't be Beat is the restaurants at Epcot Center, and Disneyworld in Florida. Really good food, but very high priced, and you almost have to reserve a day in advance to eat at some places there. I rember that the Mexican Cafe at
    Epcot was booked for 3 days last time we went.

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image64
      AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I live periodically in Montreal, so I was thinking of posting that as an answer, but I see my work has been done by someone else

2. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Memphis, Tennessee

2. goldenpath profile image67
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

Biloxi, Mississippi

3. goldenpath profile image67
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

I say Biloxi for their annual crawfish festival.  Huge vats of shrimp and other sea life are boiled right on the beach in scrumptiously seasoned juice.  Not a good time to be an animal rights activist.  You could say I am a member of PETA (People for Eating of Tasty Animals). smile

brimancandyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I guess I would be a PETA member too!

4. IntimatEvolution profile image69
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

Indianapolis.  I love Palmentino's restaurant.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image58
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm from Indy and go back often to visit.  Where is Palmentino's?  I can't find a listing anywhere.  Did you possibly mean Palomino?

5. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

there are some great restaurants in the tampa bay area (florida),
    ybor area and soho; best fresh grouper sandwiches out on the beaches, especially on clearwater beach.

boston's north end, excellent italian food.

new orleans and surrounding area, creole food and the best beignets in america.

6. chinweike profile image59
    chinweikeposted 14 years ago

haba! LAGOS ofcux!

Have you taken AMALA and EWEDU before?

hehehe

7. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Cape Town has the best restaurants for sure, but most delicious meals were eaten on Baga Beach in Goa at some of those casual on the beach restaurants.

8. Friendlyword profile image60
    Friendlywordposted 14 years ago

Rhode Island! The Skrud fish they serve you is so big it cant fit on the plate.

Shawny's in South Carolina.  The Grits are as stiff as the ones you make at home.

The River Cafe in my Home Town of Brooklyn, New York.  The Red Snapper, and the Baked Duck Legs are the best you will ever eat. The House Champagne is also the best I ever had.

9. h.a.borcich profile image61
    h.a.borcichposted 14 years ago

Must admit I appreciate the red hot shops and pizzerias of Chicago smile Holly

10. chinweike profile image59
    chinweikeposted 14 years ago

NSALA SOUP with pounded-yam is not only tastely but very nurishing. And is one of the common soups among the igbos in Nigeria

11. dyonder profile image72
    dyonderposted 14 years ago

for me, it's a tie between New Orleans, San Francisco, & Zihuatanejo (to the south of the latter - not in the resorts)

12. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Lisbon
    Fish there in any restaurant, is superb, apart from the typical dishes.

And then Venice, Toledo, and typical food in Costa Rica.

13. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Paris, Hongkong, Bangkok too

14. profile image0
    WildIrisposted 14 years ago

Bangkok!
    San Francisco
    New York
    Los Angeles
    Paris
    Chicago
    Bangalore

15. nooyawka212 profile image60
    nooyawka212posted 14 years ago

I think the best answer to your question about the best place for food is: Wherever your mother lives.

Actually, your question is impossible to answer. There are so many great cooks all over the world it's 1) impossible to try them all and 2) impossible to judge them all.

As my name says, I'm from New York. There sure are a lot of great places (at all price levels) to eat here.

The poster right before me lists a few places, including Bangalore (India). Turns out I lived a year in Bangalore. The Sunday brunch at the Leela hotel is fabulous -- one of the best breakfasts I ever had (the best breakfast ever was in Billing, Montana). When I lived in B'lore I was a block away from Udipi Garden. Udipi is a town in India near the west coast that has its own cuisine and produces some great chefs.

Really, there are great places to eat all over the world.

brimancandyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The question was about which city have you personally visited,
      not, just any city. I could say that new york and los angeles have great food. but, I have never been there.

Chicago also has great places to eat. I also found great food in Orlando Florida. Toronto Canada also has great food.

The worst I have ever had was in Key West. Nothing tasted right, like they cook everything in saltwater. And, their coffee is by far the most horrible tasting on the planet.

However, I didn't eat at every establishment in Key West. So,
      I'm sure there were a few gems in there somewhere.

16. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

I've found great eating places in many cities, but equally have had awful food there as well, so cannot really single out one city for best food.

New Orleans, Thessaloniki, Barcelona were probably among the best overall.

17. DogSiDaed profile image61
    DogSiDaedposted 14 years ago

This might sound odd, but there was the BEST pie shop ever in Bolton, and I love a good pie, so that's one of my favourites smile

There was also a great little restaurant on the South Coast of England, wonderful seafood. Can't remember the places name though xD Was a while ago that smile

18. liswilliams profile image39
    liswilliamsposted 14 years ago

France without a doubt, since I was trained traditional French style at chef school and then to taste the real thing, absoloute perfection

1. RNMSN profile image61
      RNMSNposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ooohhh luck thing lis!! my dtr is in culinary arts scool and we are er glad...shes the best cook ever smile other than hubby of course...but she comes by it naturally...his side of the family had several chefs in delaware and philly

1. nooyawka212 profile image60
        nooyawka212posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Philly? 1) cheese steaks 2) pretzels. Much better pretzels off the street than in NY. In Philly it used to be there was only one good restaurant: Bookbinders. I haven't been back in a long time.

19. yenajeon profile image70
    yenajeonposted 14 years ago

Santefe, NM
    I love love new mexican food, but its sorta bias
    tamales, sopapillas, huevos rancheros YUM!

1. Ron Montgomery profile image58
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We visited Santa Fe last Spring and had both great and dissapointing foods.  If you visit, ask about places the locals eat and avoid the touristy places.

20. Jeffrey Neal profile image69
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

New Orleans

21. fishtiger58 profile image68
    fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

Houston Texas has the best mex tex food I have ever had. Outstanding food. Would move there but it's too hot and I can't ice fish there.

22. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Paris and Bangkok, or Hong Kong

23. double_frick profile image60
    double_frickposted 14 years ago

i miss tempe, az. and everything about it. especially the food. even though much of the food i miss was sort of corporate, like Uno's chicago style pizzeria or Fazoli's italian fast-food. but sacramento suuuuuuuuuucks as far as, EVERYTHING. including food.
    but arizona has some FINE barbecue!
    unfortunately my experiences up here in sac leave me with very few people who actually enjoy barbecue like i do.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When we go to Sacto- we stay at the Doubletree hotel on Arden Way-- they have really good food including a Sunday brunch buffet which is nice.

1. double_frick profile image60
        double_frickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

oh yeah, thats right by me! i love buffets! lol 
        they have a salad buffet, fresh choice, we go there a lot. but how can you eff up salad, ya know? haha they have good sushi here, i'll say that much. smile
        and its a stones throw away from san francisco and delicious clam chowder bread bowls!!! yum!

24. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

Rome for pizza
    Milan for icecream
    Paris  for it's baguettes
    Lahore for indian curry..
    And london for it's mix of all!

25. Cari Jean profile image89
    Cari Jeanposted 14 years ago

You can find the best beef right here in North Dakota but for something a little more fancy there are some great places in Toronto.

26. RNMSN profile image61
    RNMSNposted 14 years ago

tucson az
    where no matter wat or where you eat
    the fod is just the best ever...
    gotta be the desert itself

however, I think I will look up how to make nsala soup  I love sweet taters smile

27. MarkAse profile image59
    MarkAseposted 14 years ago

So much of it depends on who you are there with because I believe that great food exists everywhere, so much depends on your own unique tastes though.

My favorite is San Francisco, largely because I love seafood and wine and they have an incredibly combination.

28. flread45 profile image59
    flread45posted 14 years ago

Bakersfield,California,they have great Basque food at the Wool Growers Restaurant...

And chinese food at Bill Lees Restaurant..

29. profile image49
    curioxatposted 14 years ago

Thailand Bangkok and the added bonus that it was such amazing value.

30. Living In Paris profile image61
    Living In Parisposted 14 years ago

Paris, of course. Even the street food is mind-blowing.

The food in LA is really fresh, and they have lots of healthy options.

New York City restaurants are great because they have to be. Any place with mediocre food will quickly be driven out of business because there are so many other options to choose from.

New Orleans, of course.

I had better food in Florence than in Rome, for some reason (but that could just be due to my restaurant choices).

31. profile image57
    AnnieCoburnposted 11 years ago

umm i would say that New Orleans was great... small Chinese joint

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)