jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

How do you kill time/alleviate boredom while travelling?

1. silverstararrow profile image82
    silverstararrowposted 5 years ago

How do you kill time/alleviate boredom while travelling?

2. JenPaxton profile image83
    JenPaxtonposted 5 years ago

I take a backpack with me on long roadtrips or airplanes specifically because I get horrible when I get bored.  Inside, I pack one college-ruled notebook, one book to read, one electronic toy or game if I have one (or one on my phone), a deck of playing cards (airplane), two or three pens (I'm always paranoid one is going to run out and I won't be in a place to get another one), my camera, a set of headphones/earbuds, and either an mp3 player or my phone that plays music and video.

That pretty much covers all of my basics.

3. Super Lux profile image60
    Super Luxposted 5 years ago

i listen to my fave songs or to an inspirational audio talk. by the time my travel time is over i feel a little lighter and i learn something new.

4. profile image0
    Team Leaderposted 5 years ago

Hello silverstararrow,

Once I hear the engines of the plane or the car or the ferry I fall asleep immediately. I usually only have 4 hours of sleep the night before to make sure that I will be tired enough for the journey and the long wait.

Your 'Team Leader'

5. freecampingaussie profile image60
    freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago

Bored while traveling ??? Love travel too much to get bored lol !  I love looking at the view as we go anywhere but if on a plane & above the clouds I read a good book etc

6. landscapeartist profile image75
    landscapeartistposted 5 years ago

I take a bag full of goodies.  Notebook binder full of paper for writing stories, drawing paper for sketching, paint pallette and paints for when we stop somewhere, book for reading, camera for those special moments and my camcorder.  Of course, now I have to get a bigger bag to fit my laptop in as well.

7. Steven Gray profile image84
    Steven Grayposted 5 years ago

When I am driving long distances, I usually enjoy listening to podcasts or audiobooks as constructive ways of keeping my mind occupied.

Other times, I turn everything off, including my phone, and just enjoy the silence and scenery.  The interstate is where I have done some of my most constructive thinking and soul-searching.

8. T. R. Brown profile image76
    T. R. Brownposted 5 years ago

I am with Steven,

I download several podcasts and listen to those to make the time useful.  I also try to have a notepad with me so that I can jot down ideas and thoughts that may prove productive later.

9. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 5 years ago

Traveling is never bored.

There are so many things to see and hardly be bored. When we travel, it is always filled with excitement as we are always looking for to see and learn new things as we journey to a new place. There is always so many things we can do during traveling. It is hardly bored.

10. alliemacb profile image89
    alliemacbposted 5 years ago

I also love travelling and rarely get bored.  In the car, I listen to the radio and if I have people with me, talk to them.  On a train or plane, I take my iPad and read or play games like Angry Birds which is one of my guilty pleasures.  I also like to just watch the world go by when travelling. I love sitting at airports or train stations.

working