jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you learnt any life-skill while travelling?

1. sriparna profile image81
    sriparnaposted 5 years ago

Have you learnt any life-skill while travelling?

We often travel around and some students take a gap year for travelling and believe in experiential learning while going around places, please share what important life-skills have you learnt or any significant experience you have gathered while travelling.

2. joanwz profile image76
    joanwzposted 5 years ago

I've learned how to read road maps, how to look for rest stops, how to find  hotels in the cities i'm traveling to, how to plan gasoline stops and meal stops. I learned how to plan foods and snacks that travel well so that we didn't have to spend as much eating out.

3. unvrso profile image92
    unvrsoposted 5 years ago

I learned how to eat a healthy diet to maintain my metabolism, while at the same time save some money.

I did this when I travelled to a little town close to Mexico City known as Tepoztlan. My plan was to stay three days, and my budget consisted of three hundred pesos; this is equivalent to 25 dollars.
    I had been reading about dieting before this. When I got to Tepoztlan, I went to a little mercado and bought 50 pesos of fruit. This is what I ate for two days. The third day I bought one kilogram of rice and granola. I steamed some rice and mixed it with granola, and this is what I ate on the third day.

I drank spring water from the mountains while at Tepoztlan. My whole budget for this trip was 250 pesos, equivalent to 20 dollars

The life-skill I learned from travelling was maintaining a low budget, while at the same time eating a healthy food.

The food I ate is called the mediterranean diet. I just adapted it according to my region and the foods available in Mexico, however, I learned that anyone can travel and if he or she has adapted his or her body to fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables are primary foods and if your body gets adapted to them, they can provide necessary nutrients. There are some vegetables wich contain protein, such as alfalfa, however, nuts and grains can provide protein, too.

After this experience, I continued eating fruits and vegetables and rice. Fruits and vegetables are cheap in Mexico. I eat chicken breast or fish every three days, depending on the necessities of my organism.

4. Rosana Modugno profile image85
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

Number one rule I've learned, never drink their water unless it comes from an unopened bottle and never touch things you're not familiar with then put your fingers in your mouth.  Always cover the seat on the toilet before sitting, always carry your money or important docs small enough to fit in your undergarments...(I pin a small baggie inside my bra), so if you get mugged or lose your purse somewhere, you will always have your ID and some money on you.

5. sandus profile image67
    sandusposted 5 years ago

ofcourse, i have learned a life skill which is something easy bu everyone can do. The skill is watching a group of ladies in within a fraction of second.

6. profile image0
    Metamorpheusposted 5 years ago

Always bring at least two bank cards with you so that if one is lost or stolen, you have another with which to withdraw money.

working