jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Is there a way to travel for free?

1. Nare Anthony profile image73
    Nare Anthonyposted 5 years ago

Is there a way to travel for free?

2. Jennifer Madison profile image89
    Jennifer Madisonposted 5 years ago

I doubt it but you should check out http://www.couchsurfing.org/. You have probably heard of it, you can find an accomodation in a country of your choice for free.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image97
      Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I met a guy in San Francisco that was doing that. He highly recommended it. It probably works better for someone traveling alone.

2. Nare Anthony profile image73
      Nare Anthonyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great idea. So seems the accommodation problem is solved, even though don't know how safe big_smile now need to find a way about air tickets, that's the biggest problem that I can't afford, accommodation is still affordable in small hotels and hostels. Thx!

3. mkott profile image75
    mkottposted 5 years ago

Become an air courier.  Harder to find jobs doing this but they are out there.  Free flights or greatly discounted.  Also you go where you are told and not much notice.

4. mintinfo profile image73
    mintinfoposted 5 years ago

Get a job on a cruise ship. I know people who have traveled all the oceans and visited most major cities in the world just by working on a cruise ship. There are numerous jobs available on a cruise ship.

5. Don Bobbitt profile image94
    Don Bobbittposted 5 years ago

There are still some people who use a Bicycle, a Backpack, and a sleeping bag to see the country. If you try this, though, in this world of ours today, you really need to do some intense planning and tracking to plot hops between YMCA's, youth Hostels (yes some do still exist in the US) and friendly property owners who allow people to camp. The places are out theer, you just need to get connected on the web and work it.

6. freecampingaussie profile image60
    freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago

I wrote a hub about very low cost accommodation + a couple of ways of getting free accommodation via working / volunteering ---How To Save Money While Traveling- Cheap Accommodation, I went to Switzerland free as a nanny !

1. Nare Anthony profile image73
      Nare Anthonyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sounds great! gonna read it smile

7. BraidedZero profile image91
    BraidedZeroposted 5 years ago

Walking or biking is about it. Or you could hitchhike.