jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How does it feel like to fly in an airplane?

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 5 years ago

How does it feel like to fly in an airplane?

2. xpertshukla profile image60
    xpertshuklaposted 5 years ago

Once you are in the air, things will feel smooth. You will hear the humm of the engines, but that's normal, nothing to worry about. I actually find it relaxing. If there is turbulence, you might feel the plane wobble a little bit (usually up and down) but remember, planes are designed to withstand this, so take a deep breath and try not to think about it. It might give you a few butterflies in your stomach though. After a few minutes, you will hear a ding. This is the captain letting the flight attendants know that the plane has reached the cruising altitude. At this point, the rate of ascent will decrease. You will also get an announcement that it's OK to use portable electronic devices at this time.

To entertain yourself:
    *Read a book, magazine, the paper, or do a puzzle (such as crosswords or Sodoku if you like those).
    *Listen to music using an iPod, MP3 player, or CD player.
    *A laptop is good to have as you can play games on it, connect to the internet, and get any work done that you may have. (You have to have a WIFI card in your laptop and the airline will charge you to connect to the internet) or watch DVDs.
    *Try talking to the people next to you. Sometime you will meet some really interesting people, and forge friends

3. innerspin profile image93
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

Hi there, I've only been on large planes, which I think are a smoother ride than small ones. It's rather like being on a bus or coach when you're up in the air. It can be surprisingly bumpy, due to air turbulance. When you're really high up there isn't a lot to look at, but nearer the ground is interesting, even though I'm afraid of heights. The take off feels odd, you may experience pressure in your ears, and your tummy can feel like when you're in a fast elevator. Same goes for the landing, if you've been on a long flight it seems to take a long time descending. Everyone's very pleased when the plane touches down on the runway.
    I hope you have a plane journey yourself, if that's what you want.

1. innerspin profile image93
      innerspinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, that first line should be "smoother than small ones." My attempt to edit didn't work!

4. Kaylynndewane profile image57
    Kaylynndewaneposted 5 years ago

Flying in an airplane is actually my favorite way to travel. when the plane starts and begins to drive down the lanes, you get kinda pushed against your seat like a carnival ride. You will feel butterflies in your belly and that feeling like your almost weightless. Then once your really in the air everything is smooth and calm. I usually take this time to nap or read. Once its time to land the plane will have the shakes might make you feel uncomfortable especially when it finally touches the ground. Some landings are softer while others are a bit more rougher, either way you will survive. I always think of them as a fun ride and I get really excited to look out the windows and see the world from a different point of view.