jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you have a fear of flying?

1. jaydawg808 profile image90
    jaydawg808posted 3 years ago

Do you have a fear of flying?

I have a great fear. I feel like something is going to happen to the plane, or that we'll encounter a lot of turbulence (which I hate). It's just something about being confined in a tight space that makes me agitated as well as scared.

2. Hackslap profile image86
    Hackslapposted 3 years ago

Well I come from a family of pilots so I have no fear at all .. but your fear of flying isn't irrational...there're simple tips you can use when on board a plane to keep those butterflies at bay..

3. pramodgokhale profile image46
    pramodgokhaleposted 3 years ago

Air travel , i found exciting. From high altitude it is wonderful to see landscapes, greenery, sea and many more.
    Fear is a mental disorder momentarily but entirely psycologiacl, when we travel by boat it goes up and down. Automobiles also crash on the streets.
    Fear of accident is a mental breakdown.
    I enjoyed air travel lot and even air pockets where first time tourist may fear but it is just like boat is floating on water.

4. sangre profile image97
    sangreposted 3 years ago

I think it's all about not having control and placing your life in someone else's hands. Plus it's hard to avoid turbulence on most flights these days, so you have a valid point worrying about that.

I find it more boring that anything else. That's why it's good to bring something to read or listen to.

But if you ever try to conquer your fear, I would bring a close friend who understands your fear and start off by going on a very short flight first. Then gradually build up the time frame.

5. Penny G profile image71
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

I LOVE FLYING! I have such a restrictive life and job, flying just sets me free! I worry about everything but myself so no fears as long as it's me on the plane.

6. freecampingaussie profile image63
    freecampingaussieposted 3 years ago

I have always enjoyed flying as to me it is exciting to be able to look out over new countries and see new places . I love the flights where they serve you food and drink free . It is a time to relax and read or watch a movie without housework etc to worry about !From this sea plane to Jumbos ! Love them all !