How could I ensure my safety in cities like Juarez Mexico?

1. lhph profile image58
    lhphposted 5 years ago

How could I ensure my safety in cities like Juarez Mexico?

2. backporchstories profile image81
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

If you look hispanic, that is a plus.  But know that Americans in general, are not liked beyond our borders!  So, do not wear any of those T-shirts that scream American.  This would also include baseball caps!  Scary but true.  Never go alone.  Try to go with someone who is from the area to begin with....also someone you trust.  That is the only way to go.  I would not suggest you go alone!  Does not matter how big or strong you might be....you do not know their land or their customs.  Educate yourself and learn the language.  I have been going to villages outside of Mexico City for a few years now, but I always have travel companions that were raised in these areas and know the place and customs well.  We have never had a problem except for a couple of misunderstandings  in which our spanish speaking friends were able to resolve.  Most of the people in Mexico City and the smaller villages along the East Coast were very friendly and nice.  However, Juarez is a whole nother world!  Be careful when you go!

working