jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

When did you last visit your local museum, if ever?

1. That Grrl profile image63
    That Grrlposted 5 years ago

When did you last visit your local museum, if ever?

I love museums, history and architecture, etc. But, I've lived in this town a few years and have yet to get to the museum. I wondered how popular museums are in local areas. I've been to the big city museum but not our own local museum which is closer by far.

2. BritFun profile image68
    BritFunposted 5 years ago

Went to a local museum last summer - so around a year ago I guess.  As usual I did so because we had guests and wanted a quick trip out with a local flavour.

I agree though - we tend to go to the larger museums in the nearest city more often than our small local one - simply because there's a lot more to see and do.  I was in our nearest city's museum last month.

It's often worth visiting your local museum to learn about your local area - but once you've been, there may not be a lot of reason to go back for a while, unless you have visitors that you think might enjoy it.

1. That Grrl profile image63
      That Grrlposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I live in a small city. I've been to the art gallery for a town council meeting and didn't look at the actual gallery. I think we take for granted what we have right in front of us. I keep meaning to go to the museum and the gallery but have not yet.

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Last semester for a class. There are about four museums in one area of Houston all close to each other. I've been to only three of them in the past couple of years.

4. elayne001 profile image72
    elayne001posted 5 years ago

We contribute to and often visit Bishop's Museum in Hawaii. It has artifacts and historical reminders of Hawaii's past. It is very comprehensive, and includes displays from each era. Our family really enjoys learning more about the beautiful islands we are fortunate to live in.

working